Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 28 February 2014

Big isn't always Bad!



28th February 2014
If it seems a childish thing to do, do it in remembrance that you were a child once & it was a fun time!

I am being spontaneous this week, got up yesterday morning and decided as they’ve changed moms pre op to Monday that I’m going to the Harry Potter studios for a day out today – excited much ;) not a big kid at all!

My meetings have been fab this week, I just love my job – I know I’ve said it before and I sound like a broken record but I do, my members are just fab they really are!  We have a giggle mostly, we lose weight mostly, sometimes we share sadness and other times we share weight gain because life has its obstacles!  What’s fabulous about having a Weight Watcher meeting to go to is that when you get there you know there are others who feel and behave the same way as you do and who you can share with and I see that week in – week out and that is why I love my job.

This week we’ve looked at portions and being an ‘ISH’ member, some knew instantly what I meant, some looked at me confused but as soon as I explained what an ‘ISH’ member was, they all smiled.  An ‘ISH’ member is someone who looks at a food and says, “mmm that’s about 4ish ProPoints!” you get my gist don’t you, it’s a member who isn’t accurate in their ProPointing or tracking, it’s a guestimater, hope for the best kind of person which I believe we all are at one time or another but if we become that person all the time weight loss gets much tougher.
I talked about how size matters but big isn’t always Bad and don’t believe labels, use those calculators know what you’re buying, don’t assume anything, you can buy this custard in full fat or low fat version!



and guess what both are 3pp a pot, there’s only 13 calories difference between the two, so just don’t lick all the lid of the full fat one!

Cake is always a choice and this example just shows that big isn’t always bad;

Don’t assume the smaller cake is good or the larger cake is bad – it isn’t always the case, use your ProPoints calculator and KNOW what you’re having, knowledge is power as they say!

On that note, I’ve got to get a wriggle on, I’m off to buy me a wand today, I’m gonna magic the pounds away ;) love a bit of Harry I do, I’m so excited, yes I’m 44, but if you add those numbers together I’m 8, that’s my mental age today – can I get a WHOOP WHOOP!

Have a happy Friday, BeYOUtiful and EatGorgeous because life is as good as you make it, we all have drama just accept it and smile. xx








1 comment:

Tali said...

Enjoy the Harry Potter studios, it's AMAZING!