Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 6 February 2014

Anyone fancy going to the chippy for tea?



6th February 2014 

Never ASSUME because you can make an ASS of U and ME!

Okay so I haven’t been on any kind of plan this week, you may have noticed from my distinct lack of photos of food on my Facebook page and blog, or just me not mentioning it at all.  The intention was to get back on it Monday with my bestie, I think my exact words were, “Today we’ve weighed ourselves and me and my bestie are on it together, healthy and happy all the way, I’m not interested in big losses, I want liveable consistency.”  I still to follow that idea, I’ve just not been working on the healthy to week, I’m eating good food, I’m just eating too much of everything and I’ve been attacked by the “Junk Jester” and he’s not making me laugh at all, actually yesterday he damn near made me feel uncomfortably full and a little bit sick by the time I was due to go to my evening meeting!  After a conversation with a member yesterday afternoon who’s been the same, had a stinky cold, sorry he’s had man flu – much worse condition I’m sure you all realise that.  Anyway we’ve both been unable to shake our lurgy and have both turned to eating junk, so we made a pact that we would both stop the junk and I’m quite happy to do that to be honest, chocolate and biscuits don’t suit my digestive system at all, they make me feel yak.

Today is all about the good stuff – I promise!  However last night – purely for research purposes of course because I’m so dedicated to my members success I went to the local chip shop to investigate the ‘donor kebab’, now it’s a food source you either love or hate, personally I am partial to a bit of the greasy, who knows what’s in it kind of meat, I adore those bit pitta breads full of salad and mint sauce, however this was purely research!
I dismantled the donor kebab to find out how many ProPoints were likely to be in it as I get asked this question quite often.  Now we can’t be 100% accurate because no one knows the nutritional information of the meat, I have seen an ingredient label a long time ago and I do remember the second ingredient being ‘fat’ however for ‘guestimating’ purposes I inputted lamb breast into the scales, again the reason I chose this was I used to work in a butchers many years ago and the local kebab house used to come and buy lamb breast to make their donor meat with, now I know they’re bought ready-made these days but it’s close enough.  

This is what the scales said, 300g of meat = 30pp

The pitta bread weighed 100g = 7pp

Then you have to take into account any sauces you may have on it, I had mint which isn’t so bad but the amount she squirted on it, had that been mayo that’d be another 4pp easily!

Then there are the chips, now a portion of chips can cause so much confusion I know because everyone gets different portions, I’ve bought bags that weigh 2.5lb in weight and that would be 61pp! Scary stuff!  I ask the lady for one scoop of chips, I went on to say, “I don’t care if you charge me for the bag I only want a scoop because I know I’ll eat what’s there”.  Bless her she couldn’t help herself, she said, “ooo they are nice ones tonight too”, then proceeded to do the scoop then I caught her giving me an extra half scoop!  Everybody wants to feed ya!
Here are the scoop and a half of chips;
We can safely say one scoop of chips is 12pp, it’s a guide, I always say every handful is 7 or 8pp, guestimating is better than not ProPointing at all!

So that meal I bought home last night was a staggering 60pp, had I ordered a regular bag of chips it would have been nearer 80-100pp depending on the lady serving you and what their portion sizes are like.

And we wonder why we struggle with our weight, mostly because portion sizes are ridiculous and we’ve got used to them!  Some people eat from the chip shop weekly if not more often, the chap behind me came in and ordered 2 cornish pasties, apparently he has them every week, both for himself with chips, his wife has a fish!  A Ginsters pasty is 15pp so he’s easily having over 100pp in one meal – ouch!

Anyways, I need to get ready for work, I might have porridge for my breakfast today with a banana in it and some nutmeg grated on top, mmm that sounds good, I might even through in a handful of sultanas – proper tasty food and feeding that sweet craving thing I have going on at the moment in a good way rather than a ‘my digestive system can’t cope’ kind of way!

BeYOUtiful you gorgeous one and have a healthy & happy day.  I will too – pinky promise xx

2 comments:

Laura-Jane said...

you say about breast meat,but veal and lamb breast are both included in my books i have on weight watchers x

Bev said...

I was saying donor kebab wasn't ProPointed not lamb breast, kebab isn't made from lamb breast alone but that's the easiest meat to compare it against for propointing purposes, does that make sense?