Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 30 December 2013

Yesterday was horrid...

30th December 2013
Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. Dale Carnegie

I didn’t blog yesterday because at the time I would usually be blogging I was Sat in A&E at Withybush hospital with my mom, she'd had stomach pains for over 24 hours now and had been throwing up all night and although I was waiting for a doctor to see her, I was almost certain it was being caused by her hiatus hernia and existing stomach problems she already has.  Of course because it has been Christmas we've all indulged more than usual and unfortunately she's paying the price!

Eating healthy isn't just about weight loss, it's about taking care of the only body you've got so that you can live a comfortable, pain free life! 

I haven't talked much about 'Simple Start' yet, it's being launched by Weight Watchers for January and hopefully will get both new and existing members realising that the simple start list of foods really are the best of the best, the foods that if you focus mostly on them in your day to day diet, you are more likely to be healthy and happy long term.

When I get back home, I shall be stocking up my kitchen using my Simple Start shopping list and we will be eating good, healthy, nutritious food.  Taking care of ourselves the best we can, that is my plan for 2014....

A little of what you fancy does you good but too much will make you I'll and begin a witness to the pain my mom suffers day in day out, not just today has me convinced nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels. 
----

I wrote the above yesterday morning about 9ish, the rest of the day then seemed to go on forever, we’re still not 100% sure what’s wrong with mom, they’ve kept her in to do more tests, she had to be transferred from that hospital to Aberystwyth which was a two hour journey in a hospital, she had a pretty crappy day, being poked and prodded, examined, needles, all sorts.  The doctor has said it could be a couple of things and hopefully the tests they run today will figure that out, but when I left her last night at 8ish she was still being sick, poor love, and I don’t think I will ever be able to drink black coffee ever again because that’s what it looked like, gallons of it over the day (sorry if you’re tickled stomach, but I am two and after yesterday, I think I’m a little bit less so!)

There’s nothing harder than seeing a loved one in pain and poorly and not to be able to do anything about it, I do hope that she’s improved today and they’ll let her out of hospital, it’s difficult enough for her having to be there at all but in one in Wales where she’s starting to get confused about where she is really isn’t helping.  I think we’ll be going home earlier than planned as soon as they get her sorted.

And regardless of what has caused it, when we get home the junk and treats will be disappearing from our house, we’re getting really healthy and moms not going to have a stash hidden away!


I hope you’re all well and happy, remember BeYOUtiful always. xx

2 comments:

amanda said...

sorry to hear your mom was unwell yesterday, hope she is better and you enjoy the rest of your holiday, i'm back on f&h as didnt like feeling bloated from the chocolate and biscuits.

amanda said...

hope your mom is feeling better and that you enjoy the rest of your holiday. I went back on f&h yeaterday as I kept feeling bloated from junk and I didnt like it