Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 16 December 2013

Sharing the success....



16th December 2013
The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.  Joan Didion.

Let’s start with a bit of celebrating, I’ve been asking my members to do before/after photos for me to share with everyone, as I know I like to see ‘real life’ success stories from people we can relate to, here’s Melanie she’s lost 51lb in 25 weeks – now that’s what I call “on track”, when I asked her if it was okay to share, she replied;
“Course you can its 51lbs and 25 weeks. All thanks to you Bev I have never ever been this successful losing weight before. This is the smallest I have been in over 10 years.”

Lightest she’s been in 10 years, how amazing must that feel? You only have to look at her smile to get some idea of how fabulous she’s feeling right now, what a great Christmas present, I bet she’s been loving clothes shopping for those nights out!  It’s also her birthday soon and she’s having a great big night out to celebrate, having seen her outfit, she’s gonna be looking hot!  I love seeing all my members happier, it’s the best feeling in the world as a leader. I’ll share another with you tomorrow
.
Me on the other hand, I’m holding my hands up, I haven’t been an angel this weekend, I wouldn’t make it onto the top of the Christmas tree, although yesterday I wasn’t’ dreadful from an eating point of view, had scrambled egg on one slice toast for breakfast and faggots, mash and peas for my main meal, didn’t really eat much else.  What’s stops me going completely crazy is the fact I never want to be a size 20 again, there’s a number on the scales if I hit it, I pull my neck in, this body needs taking care of, even with indulging at Christmas. 

I didn’t make it into the kitchen to cook soup either, although I was feeling all festive so had a go at cooking with Vodka!  I didn’t drink it though – honest ;), it’s for Christmas.   Below are the recipes I tried and liked, if you try them drink responsibly folks, this stuff is strong and just because it’s sweet doesn’t make it any less so, also it’s full of ProPoints! I love a tipple but am well aware of how it can swallow up all your ProPoints allowance if you’re not careful.

Here you go;

Coffee Vodka
(Total 16pp) 50ml = 3pp

75g dark soft brown sugar (8pp)
150ml espresso coffee
100ml vodka (8pp)
  • Add the sugar and coffee to a saucepan and bring to the boil
  • Simmer for 10 minutes
  • Pour the coffee syrup into a sterilised bottle and add the vodka
Toffee Vodka
(Total 46pp, 50ml = 5pp)

500ml bottle with secure stopper
365ml vodka (30pp)
135g Werthers Original butter candies 16pp
  • If the neck on the bottle is wide enough you can put the Werthers straight into the bottle, otherwise you may have to cut them in half.
  • Once all of the sweets are in the bottle then just top up with vodka and pop a lid on.
  • Over the next couple of days shake the bottle to dissolve the sweets
  • Once they are fully dissolved it's ready to drink
Mars Bar Vodka
(makes approx 780ml = 78pp)10ml = 1pp
3 x 58g Mars bar (21pp)
70cl vodka (57pp)
  • Melt Mars bars on the hob in a bowl over a pan of simmering boiling water
  • When melted pour in the vodka a bit at a time
  • Return to bottle, you will have a little more than the bottle left, save that for a bedtime nightcap :)
  • Store in freezer till ready to have a drink, return to freezer after drink!  Don’t drink all yourself – will make you poorly ;-!
On that note, it’s Monday morning and I have things to do, as do you I guess.  Just remember whatever the day BeYOUtiful and Eat Gorgeous. xx

No comments: