Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 28 December 2013

Ready for the healthy again...

28th December 2013
Forget perfection, everything has cracks; it’s the only way to let the light in.
Well that’s more or less it for another year isn’t it, Christmas is officially gone and I’ve indulged, I don’t think I’ve gone ridiculously mad and yet I’m ready to get healthy again.  I’m hoping the 80mph winds we had yesterday have dropped so I can take Alfie for a decent walk and get some good fresh air into these lungs.  I’m ready for a meal that has lots of green stuff on the plate but without all the stodgy stuff by the side of it and I’m more than ready to cut out the bread again.  Yes my healthy and happy lifestyle choice isn’t about being able to fit in a particular size clothes, for me it’s about feeling well and energetic rather than sluggish and yak and I’ve had enough of the Christmas stodge.  Weirdly enough though the ‘treats’ I bought thinking I’d fancy them, I haven’t even bothered, the bread and butter pudding is still in the fridge, the Christmas cake is still untouched and the Christmas pudding uncooked because I just don’t have the room for it all.  I did enjoy a few of the kids sweets yesterday, a huge tub of them they have, I sat there thinking if we’d got our hands on that many sweets as kids we’d have thought we were rich beyond belief!
Moms in pain too, her hiatus hernia is causing her severe chest pains which feels like a heart attack for those that don’t know, unfortunately there’s not much we can do to ease the pain, it just has to settle – no joy this getting old lark!
A trip to the supermarket today to top up on bread and basics, I’m fancying something healthy and light that’s for sure, maybe some fish.
I’m guessing most of you have already heard about the Simple Start Weight Watchers have launched, I can’t wait to give that a go in January, to give my body a healthy start to 2014, who knows I may even cut out the wine for a few weeks, give myself a real detox.
Yep I like the idea of ditching those resolutions this year and making just one positive change – and choosing to follow our new Simple Start plan.  No weighing, no measuring, just Filling & Healthy foods and successful weight loss sounds good to me!  I’m really looking forward to sharing it with my members and doing it together with them.
Not yet though as I still have a week of my holidays left, I’m going to enjoy the break and read today, maybe watch some more of Mrs Browns Boys with my mom and generally chill and recharge those batteries.
Have a great day all, Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: