Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 9 December 2013

Permission to give yourself a break...



9th December 2013
It’s not easy to find happiness in ourselves and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. Agnes Repplier

Ended yesterday on 55pp, I indulged in a bottle of the red stuff, whilst enjoying a bath and reading a book, the bottle lasted longer than the bath as my ipad battery died and I had to get out to charge it so I could continue reading!  I was engrossed in a screen play that I’ve been allowed to have a sneaky peak of, not my usual read and I found it difficult at first reading the format because it’s written differently to a book, but I have to say I enjoyed it and would like to see it on the screen.  I learnt something reading it too which is always a good thing.

Alfie refused to go for a walk yesterday so I decided to go on my own, 80 minutes of walking through the farmers fields and enjoying the quiet, I even saw a woodpecker which made my day, and it helped towards the 4pp I had on my pedometer by the end of yesterday.  If it’s dry this morning I’ll go for another good walk, it definitely made me feel better and gave me some energy to do a bit more when I got home so I cleaned the oven, what a horrible job that is!  I love my moms logic though, I told her I was going to clean the oven before we went away and her reply was, “why bother, we’re not taking it with us are we?”  She makes a good point don’t you think!


 (bubble & squeak from leftovers = 6pp of delicious) 

Two more days before weigh in and I have 11pp left in my weeklies, although I have been using all my activity Pedometer ProPoints and I haven’t stood on a set of scales since Wednesday when my leader weighed me – it’s killing me not to though.  

I cooked the beef and chorizo one pot, it looks delicious, however I’ve tasted it and it’s a bit rich and tomato like for my tastebuds so I won’t be indulging, I’ll freeze it and find a home I’m sure.

I fancy fish today, a nice piece of fresh fish, will have to take a trip to the supermarket, nice piece of trout or smoked haddock mmm, might get a few pieces as fish is really good value for ProPoints, my freezers pretty full of stuff and I’ll be glad of that come January when I’m skint because I’ve earned nothing in December, so I’m happy not to touch what’s in there.  

Yep a trip to the supermarket for lots of F&H stuff, fish, I fancy salad after our trip to the Harvester last week, I’m being focused on the healthy and weight loss whilst I can, as I know with Christmas that’s not going to be possible all the time.  I’m out next Saturday for an Indian meal which I shall just enjoy and move on, it’s that time of year where we all have to find a balance that’s acceptable to ourselves, and not use a night out or a bad day or an indulgent weekend as a reason to STOP trying altogether, that’s when the real damage gets done. 

It’s not just about numbers, it’s about how you feel and I know I feel better when I’m doing all I can to take care of myself, I’ve read a lot of FB posts about how people are struggling, how they feel like throwing in the towel, giving up till the new year.  Don’t do it!  Stay focused on the healthy and the happy, do what you can, when you can and give yourself a break for being human and overindulging at a time when it’s almost expected of us!

Eat Gorgeous, BeYOUtiful and give yourself a break. xx


No comments: