Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 11 December 2013

D-DAY is here!

11th December 2013
Direction, not intention, determines destination.Andy Stanley

Not the best sleep thanks to a hacking cough and sore throat, it better go as quickly as it arrived, not wanting this for Christmas, I don’t remember writing it on my list! 

It’s “Day 7”, I have completed my first ever free green paper tracker, I’ve always used the journal or app or something else to track on so to use the small paper tracker just made it different in some way, I’ve had my little red folder out and open on my office desk all week.  I’ve ended on minus 2pp, so at lunchtime I will find out if I’ve lost, I’ve consumed every single one of my daily and my weekly ProPoints and I’ve also had the activity ProPoints I’ve clocked up on my pedometer which a total of 30pp.  I have enjoyed everything I’ve eaten and I’ve thought about my choices, yesterday included egg, tomato, mushrooms, spinach and a Warburton thin for breakfast and we had sausage in onion gravy with carrot, swede and potato mash for dinner, if I’d used low fat sausages I would have saved lots of ProPoints but I’m using what’s in the freezer in the run up to Christmas.  

Today I’m thinking maybe F&H, maybe not – the choices is there, I’m going to cook Cheese and tomato bread pudding because I have some stale bread and an open carton of pasata that I’ll use instead of the tomatoes, I might play about with the basic recipe (below) and have it for my tea.  I’m also going to make burgers I think, as I pass a KFC after my meeting at lunchtime and I was super tempted last week so I need to resist, it’ll be easier if I know I’ve got burgers to come home to.

Haven’t stood on a set of scales since last Wednesday lunchtime, it’s really bizarre as I usually test them every day in my meeting to ensure they work (that’s my excuse anyway), this is the first time in 9 years since becoming a leader that I’ve behaved like a ‘real’ member, I haven’t weighed in-between, I’ve completed my tracker and I’m dreading the scales!  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve followed the plan in those 9 years and I’ve tracked but I’ve only had myself to be truly accountable too, if I’ve gone to another meeting I’ve already known my weight before I get there and I’ve sat in the meeting with my leader head on thinking about my meetings and what I could maybe use in my meetings, I didn’t do that last Wednesday, it was all about me and my weight loss and my leader treated me as such, she made the difference and it worked.  I better lose weight after all that ;) I won’t lie, I’ll be gutted if I don’t, but we shan’t think about that now!

Now I need to go make myself another cup of tea to help ease this damn throat of mine, ho ho ho Merry Christmas!  Have a great day all, Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful because we matter xx
Here’s the recipe;

Cheese and tomato bread pudding
This is a wonderful way to use up leftover bread and it's a cheap and filling family meal.
Serves 4 | Takes 10 minutes to prepare, 35 minutes to cook
F&H day = uses 3pp of yr 49 weeklies,    PP day = 8pp
low fat cooking spray 400 g can chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
100 g (3½oz) mature cheese, grated (11pp)
4 eggs (8pp) 400 ml (14 fl oz) skimmed milk (4pp) 150 g (5½oz) Weight Watchers calorie controlled bread (preferably stale) (9pp)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C. Lightly spray an ovenproof dish with the cooking spray.  Mix the tomatoes with half of the thyme, then spoon half of the tomatoes into the base of the dish and scatter with about a quarter of the cheese.  In a large bowl, beat the eggs with milk and seasoning. Dip the slices of bread in the eggy mixture, letting them soak in it briefly. Arrange the bread slices on top of the tomatoes and cheese,overlapping slightly.   Spoon on the rest of the tomatoes and scatter with the remaining cheese and thyme. Pour the remaining egg mixture all over the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove the foil. Bake for a further 15 minutes until the mixture is puffed up and golden brown on top.


No comments: