Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Eve ay it!

24th December 2013
For it is in giving that we receive.  Francis of Assisi

Another smashing day yesterday despite the weather, 70mph winds apparently, we didn’t leave the house other than to walk round the garden with Alfie when he needed to do his business.
Mom started early in the morning with her random comments, sat in the kitchen looking at the cupboards, she asked "are them cupboards plastic?" me, "yeah the doors are", mom, "that's a really good idea ain't it!" Me confused, "what plastic cupboards, oh yeah I wonder who invented them!"
A little later, I was singing, "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas".
Mom joined in with "nicky nocky nooo"
Me "that's not the words"
Mom "is it not - it is now"
And finally when we were trying to shut the blinds she said, "there's a bag of Doritos on our car park" I informed her there wasn’t it was merely a reflection of the packet on the kitchen work top!
I have to share with you the videos I took of mom trying to close the blinds in the kitchen, I can’t work blinds either so I would absolutely have looked exactly the same trying to do this (each video is about 25 seconds and there is strong language involved)
Every family should giggle, it’s good for the soul.
Of course I’m on holiday and away from work but my work is never far from my mind as it’s something I enjoy and yesterday I received yet another email about losing weight.  In it was this;
• It WAS you that chose to eat the cake
• It WAS you that chose to ply yourself with alcohol when not needed
• It WAS you that chose to watch late night TV rather than go to bed
• It WAS you that stayed in bed rather than get up and go to the gym
• And yes, it WAS you that chose to buy the bigger size clothes rather than do something about it.
I’m sure no one gets out of bed in the morning and thinks to themselves, “okay so today I’m going to overeat, make myself feel sick and gain weight because that’s just how I roll!”  No one intentionally CHOOSES to be fat or unhealthy, we just have emotions and personalities that lead us that way and some people just aren't as strong as others. I find statements like this one about a little harsh and unhelpful for a large majority of people.
Different approaches work for different people I guess but I’ve never found the blame game rarely works, when someone already feels bad in themselves because they’ve gained weight and are struggling to lose it, the last thing they need to hear is “it’s your own fault, get a grip – it’s not rocket science, just don’t put it in your mouth!”, that’s a bit like telling someone with depression to cheer up!
Everyone who has a weight problem has their own reasons for it, different reasons, some might be more emotional, some could be lack of nutritional education whereas others just that they’re so busy they don’t make the time to take care of their nutritional needs.  There isn’t a one size fits all solution, if weight loss was as simple as realising “It was our choice” then I think we’d all be slim!
So according to that thought pattern, yesterday it was me who chose to buy twiglets, it was me who chose to buy the 3 for 2 offer and it was me who chose not to put the lid back on until I’d eaten more than the recommended 25g portion.  Yep guilty on all charges and I’m happy to take full responsibility, however just a little food for thought, it was the supermarket that choice to do the 3 for 2 offer instead of just reducing the single items, it was the manufacturer who chose to pack them in huge tubs instead of small packets, and it was the marketing people who make the nutritional info label as small as possible but write how they’re 80% wholegrain and high in fibre on the label to make me think they might actually be good for me!  We can all play the blame game but it doesn’t help the situation and it sure doesn’t encourage me to want to lose weight, ten years ago it would have just made me feel useless and weak and sent me crawling to the kitchen cupboard to eat something else.
On that note, I’ll get off my soapbox because WOO HOO it’s only Christmas Eve and my bestie and her family are arriving this afternoon, one more sleep till Santa.
If you do leave put Santa our a mince pie and a glass of milk tonight, don’t bother with a diet version, he’ll burn those calories off dashing round the world tonight ;)
Eat Gorgeous BeYOUtiful xx

No comments: