Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 December 2013

Caught out by the boss!



20th December 2013
Be bold, if you’re going to make an error, make a doozey, and don’t be afraid to hit the ball. Billie Jean King.

Have you ever had one of those days?  Yesterday was one for me, last day at work for the year, not feeling 100%, get to work just after 8 for an 8.30 meeting start to set up the room on my own because my lovely Sharon is with her daughter who’s just giving birth to a 7lb+ baby boy, which also means I’m clerking as well as weighing - so as you can imagine, I’m a little rushed, I thought to myself, I won’t put cloths on the tables this morning, it’ll save time and I can get them washed and dried ready for the new year!  I couldn’t put my banners out so that was one less thing to have to do, my shop wasn’t as spectacular a display as usual because I hadn’t got time to sort it and I also forgot to put my backboard up in the rush, then as I start weighing my lovely members I realise I’ve forgot my badge.  I think to myself again, it’s fine, I’ll not have any new members today, it’s my last day of the year, my boss is on holiday – it’ll all be okay.  Then at around 9.30 at my meetings starting to get busy, a tall gentleman in a suit walked into my meeting, I looked across, thought to myself, “he looks familiar, is he that members husband who’s coming to treat her to a set of scales?”, BANG realisation, it’s only my bosses boss, the regional manager dropped by!   Just my luck, my room layout looks worse than it’s ever looked, my only saving grace is my rooms full and buzzing with all my fabulous members.  He introduces himself, we have a little chat and then he goes and sits with my mom and starts chatting, whilst I pray to myself that she behaves ;-) when I ask her later what they were saying, her reply was, “I can’t remember”.  Hopefully he won’t hold my lack of professionalism against me after his visit yesterday, my meeting talk I pray won him over and he went away impressed – I’m sure I’ll find out soon enough if he didn’t!

Anyways, this is the stuff that really matters, this is what my members have achieved this year, here is my year in numbers;

Pounds lost by my members = 22,516lb
Stones lost by my members = 1,608st
My Members achieving their Gold membership = 83
Happy members & smiles on faces = unable to count but priceless!

Knowing that the majority of my members are confident that they can survive Christmas without doing too much damage is very important to me, having them realise it’s not what you do over Christmas that causes the weight problem, it’s your behaviour the rest of the year is what I have tried to instil over the last few weeks. Any weight gain that happens over the next few weeks will be taken off soon enough in January; we even have a nice simple start to help us with that.  Until them we can focus on what’s important at this time of year, family and friends and spending time with loved ones – that’s my plan anyway.  I’m looking forward to a well earned break; I won’t be standing on a set of scales until January 7th!  Bring on Santa I say!

Let’s end today’s blog with a little more success, this is my lovely Kelly, she’s lost 85lb in the last two year and is merely 3lb from her goal, she intends to be my first gold member in January, I don’t doubt she will for a moment. 


 Kelly says she has so much energy and more confidence and enjoys doing exercise now.  She also has the most amazing laugh and smile, her eyes just glisten when she giggles, we see a lot more of that laughter since she lost her weight funnily enough.   Kelly hasn’t put her life on hold, she’s continued to have a good time and enjoy food, even enjoying a trip to Disneyland this summer with the family, see you can lose weight, feel great and lead an enjoyable life.
Happy Friday All!  Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: