Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 8 December 2013

Can't beat a Sunday roast on a Saturday!



8th December2103
There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it.  Mary Wilson Little

Still on track going into Sunday, my tracking week started Wednesday and I’ve done 33, 33, 36 and 30pp each day since; only 30pp spent on a Saturday – no I didn’t drink the bottle for a change and 36pp on the Friday including eating out.  I remember this feeling, it’s been a while but I recognise it, it’s called being in control and realising I want to lose a few pounds.  My motivation was that I hit a number on the scales that always gives me a reality check and also I’m going away for Christmas and I don’t intend to be counting then because we’re planning a real family Christmas.  Therefore I need to get a few pounds off before I get there, I don’t intend to get ridiculous when I’m away but I will be indulging in a little bit of anything I fancy.
Yesterday was all about the lamb dinner, I knew it was going to sting my budget so I only had a banana for breakfast, that wasn’t the only reason I skipped breakfast, I had two other reasons.  The first I wanted to be proper hungry by the time I sat down to my dinner and two I like to remind myself now and again that being hungry isn’t the end of the world, that I can live on less food and survive and that it isn’t compulsory to eat three meals a day.  On a Friday and Saturday morning I don’t need as much energy as I tend to sit at my desk for a couple of hours, plus I have enough stored fuel in my body to keep it going for an extra few hours with the assistance of a banana!
(you get more lamb that you think)
 
I couldn’t believe how full I felt towards the end of my dinner, I had pinched a bit of the lamb whilst carving I won’t lie, I also had a slice of wholemeal bread with Weight Watcher spread to mop up the gravy from the pan – I love that part of cooking a roast dinner, it’s usually why I’m not hungry by the time I eat because I’ve normally ate about 3 slices! 

I’m contemplating F&H today, but I still have a spare lamb dinner, although there’s only a small amount of lamb left, so I could put that on moms plate and I could just enjoy a huge plate of veg, mash and gravy, maybe get a bit of chicken out the freezer.  I also have leftover sweet & sour pork, I could have that with cauliflower rice for tea.  This is the thing about cooking for one or two people everything serves four, from jar sauces to joints!  I fancy bubble and squeak for brekkie as I cooked too much mash and veggies, I’ll start with that and see how the day pans out.

I’ve earned and used 15pp on my pedometer and I’ve only used 12pp from my weeklies, so I can afford to drink my wine today if I want to, I have a long soak in the bath planned, and I nice walk which Alfie can join me on or not, he doesn’t seem to want to walk far lately but wants to stand and stare and sniff – I’m sure that’s what him and mom do when they go out, they’re a nosey pair!

I fancy making some soup for in the week to fill that spot when you just need something, looking in the Smart Cook book there’s what looks like a tasty recipe for spiced cauliflower and cumin soup, if I make half the quantity I have all the ingredients except fresh coriander – boo!  Mmm looking through, honeyed red onion marmalade, that would be delicious with cheese and biscuits over Christmas.  Stuffed courgettes page 49, nice, the way forward for me is definitely to get cooking in the kitchen, I love food and the more I can eat the better.  I know this being ok with eating less won’t last, I’m in what I call my honeymoon period and that never lasts!  Beef and chorizo one pot from the freezer friendly is definitely being done today or tomorrow, I have all the ingredients, I’m sure stewing steak is in freezer.  

I’m just writing my thoughts on the computer as I’m thinking them – welcome to how my mind works when I wake up after a good nights sleep!

Right I’m off to look in the freezer, to check what I have to cook with and to plan some meals to prepare, today is sorted because of leftovers, but it’ll be good to have a plan to take me to weigh day.  

I’ve got plenty to keep me busy today but as my quote says at the beginning. “There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it.” So whether anything will get done I’m unsure, it’s winter, it’s a time to hibernate and relax and restore your energy levels ready for the spring.

Eat Gorgeous, BeYOUtiful and enjoy your Sunday. x

No comments: