Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 21 December 2013

4 more sleeps, but Christmas starts today for me...



21st December 2013

I really should pack, I drive to Wales this morning, my housesitters going to arrive and we won’t even have packed!   Was meant to get it done yesterday but we had one visitor after another and by the time they’d all gone, I was exhausted and decided to chill instead.
I’m so looking forward to my Christmas holiday and a good rest, I’ve got my kindle full of books and I’m also taking my scrapbook / photo stuff to make an album of last year’s holiday which I know I’ll enjoy doing.   Other than those two things, it’ll be walks with the dogs and lots of chilling out.

Tomorrow I shall do our Christmas food shop, I have a list, I’ve decided not to go ridiculous but we shall be indulging for sure.  Christmas Eve is going to be a tea party/buffet, as myself nor Lynne every really do that kind of food because of the ProPoints values and our work I’ve declared Christmas Eve – Boxing Day a zero ProPoint break, we shall not even think about how many ProPoints are in anything we shall just enjoy it.  I’m going to buy all the goodies that are typical buffet food, again I’m not going to be ridiculous but will have a bit of everything, I have the choice of Co-op or Tesco for my shop, there’s an Aldi too, oh I love to shop, can’t wait for tomorrow!

Today is MacDonalds day, mom and I stop halfway on our drive and have our maccy lunch, even Alfie gets a burger – it’s a holiday tradition.  Tea tonight will be something I take with us just until I can get to a shop tomorrow.

I’ll never be able to NOT think ProPoints for long as it’s in my blood, loving this vegetarian dish, idea for Christmas if you have any visitors or for something different for yourself; 

Leek and stilton butternut squash
(24pp total, 12 pp each)
Serves: 2
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Ingredients
  • 1 medium butternut squash
  • 1 leek
  • 50g walnuts (10p)
  • 80g Stilton(9pp)
  • 2 tsp maple syrup (1pp)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (4pp)
Recipe method
Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/Gas 6.
Cut the butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and put into a roasting dish, cut-side upwards. Drizzle over 2 tsp of the oil and roast for 45 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, cut the leek into quarters lengthways and thinly slice. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and soften the leek for a few minutes, then add the walnuts. Transfer to a bowl.
Taking care to keep the skins intact, scoop the cooked squash flesh into the leek mixture and stir together.
Spoon back into the skins, sprinkle over the cheese and drizzle over the maple syrup.
Roast for 15 minutes until golden.

Right I’m off to sort myself out, pack my clothes and drive to Wales ;-)
Just in case I don’t get to blog over the next few weeks I’ll say Happy Christmas now, but I should be able to.

Xx Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful xx  

No comments: