Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Who's up for a pledge?


19th November 2013

Dimples, rolls, cellulite, wrinkles & curves are NOT imperfections.  They show how beYOUtiful, complete and fluid our bodies are – embrace them.

I had a very productive day yesterday, cooked Cottage pie for when my brother and his wife arrive to stay today, then also made goulash threw in some chorizo too (got the idea from a combo of hairy biker book and the freezer friendly book), http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/beef-goulash/1696 it works out at 7pp per serving or completely F&H using daily oil allowance without the chorizo.  I also made my Murgh Jalfrezi which is blogged here http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/got-my-cooking-mojo-back.html all in I spent about 3 hours in the kitchen maximum, I wasn’t rushing just pottering and enjoying spending time in the kitchen.

I also went shopping to get the ingredients, Aldi was my store of choice and this is why people don’t cook from scratch because food isn’t cheap, the beef cost a tenner, the chicken £8 or £9, you look at the ready made meals and you can get a pizza for £3, one of the many reasons our country has a weight problem!

I also popped in Next for a nosey, haven’t bought anything new to wear for a while, I live in long dresses and skirts because they’re comfortable, I can wear boots and I don’t have to shave my legs (this is my reality) however I tried on a dress which came above my knees, we’ve got a conference on the 1st December so I thought I should go looking a little business-like rather than as my hippyish self, anyway the reason I’m sharing this information is whenever I shop for clothing that isn’t my ‘norm’ I feel uncomfortable in it and start with the negative self-talk in the changing room, however on this occasion I didn’t – I’ve finally 100% accepted my body as it is in any situation – it’s only taken almost 44 years.   Yeah I stood looking at my naked body in the changing room with those surround-sound style mirrors and observed the creases in the skin on my back, the dimples in my butt cheeks, the cellulite on my legs, my tiny boobs in comparison to my big butt, my chunky thighs and chubby knees and the huge smile on my face because I wasn’t scrutinizing my body in a negative way I was observing it in a loving, happy in my skin, non-judgement way and it felt great. 

I can’t remember ever leaving a changing room NOT thinking “I need to lose some weight” before, especially after buying a dress that isn’t my normal choice of clothing.  Instead this time I left the changing room thinking that’ll look good with some thick black tights because I’ll be cold otherwise and mmm can I wear shoes all day do I have any or can I get away with boots?

Felt good it did, I tell everyone to BeYOUtiful and love the skin you’re in and I have done for a while now MOST of the time but I think I’ve finally cracked it and I now feel and behave that way ALL the time.  I remember a time when I used to pretend to love my body, I was going with the “fake it till you make it” theory and it’s worked at last.  I’m happy, I’m comfortable and I’m a size 14 dress in Next, WOW I never thought I’d hear myself say that out loud, me who wasn’t even happy when I’ve got down to a size 8 previously!  And as for societies idea of what a body should look like well, if someone doesn’t like my body, that’s their problem not mine.

I’ve decided to be my own standard of BeYOUtiful.  I’ve realised sexy is not a size, every calorie is not a war, and my body is not a battleground.  My value is not measured in pounds and I am are just as beYOUtiful as any other woman. 

Now when you can read that last paragraph out loud and mean it, you’ll be where I am now and trust me, it feels great.

Eat Gorgeous & BeYouTiful because being skinny isn’t the goal – being healthy is!
If you like the sound of this feeling, why not sign up for the

Positive Body Image Pledge

I promise to try my best to love and accept myself everywhere and always.
I promise not to speak negatively of anyone’s body, including my own.
I promise to respect my body by taking care of it, feeding it well and keeping it out of any harm’s way.
I promise to recognise that all bodies are BeYouTiful.

Signed……………………





1 comment:

amanda said...

Amanda Mcmichael, I will make the pledge x