Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 November 2013

Nom Nom Nom, can't beat a good meal as long as it isn't Gnocchi

23rd November 2013
Magic is believing in yourself.  If you can do that, you can make anything happen.

YAY I slept till 6.44am, from 11pm – sleep at last, now for more of the same over the weekend hopefully, even Alfie didn’t wake up until after me.  





Well it’s official I don’t like Gnocchi, you can’t make it tasty, I ordered it yesterday when we went out for our lunch at The Crown on the Wergs Road, I thought to myself if they can’t make it delicious then it can’t be made to be tasty, it came served with roasted butternut squash & spinach, ricotta, sage & pumpkin seeds, the rest of the ingredients were delicious but the gnocchi is just tasteless with a weird consistency and at 5pp for 125g fresh gnocchi I’d rather have pasta or potato.  The rest of the meal was fab though, I had spiced lamb koftas, tzatziki & sweet chilli jam for starter and even indulged in apple & blackcurrant shortbread crumble, vanilla custard for dessert.  You can safely say everyone of my weekly ProPoints have been used up.  The good news I didn’t eat again after lunch, I didn’t need to and I’m not planning on eating out again for the rest of this month so will get back on the plan this morning.  I’m going to hopefully get some cooking done this weekend, although today might be a bit busy, lots of driving round doing errands.

Routines, I realised yesterday how important routines are in our lives to us and when we’re out of our normal routine how much it affects us more than we realise sometimes.   As you can imagine with having our visitors, we’re completely out of our normal routines and it affects everything.

Regarding our diets, routines impact us massively too, on the Weight Watchers website there’s even a section about it, It explains that routines are simple, easy tasks that help you take the guesswork out of healthy choices, examples would include; If you grab your water bottle without thinking in the morning, and get into the habit of finishing it every day, that's a routine that works you. If you have the same low ProPoints value breakfast every day, and you don't even have to worry about what to eat, that's a routine that works for you.  I realised yesterday water is something I’ve not been drinking so much since the temperatures dropped and it may be contributing to my head ache, so I’m going to make sure every time I make a cup of tea I get a glass of water too, that’ll help me be healthy for sure.

What routines could you put in place, up to three of them is more than enough to concentrate on at any one time, so perhaps planning your meals for the day could be one, or making sure you always have a healthy snack to hand just in case.  Have a think and pick at least one thing you can try to make a routine that will help you with your weight loss.  I think one that would be really good for me is to only go in the supermarket once a week with a list otherwise I’m in danger of buying all the goodies!

Right I’ve got to get my brother somewhere by 9am so I better get myself moving, have a fab day, Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful. x

 


No comments: