Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 17 November 2013

BeYOUtiful whatever the scales say xx

17th November 2013
Fall in Love with yourself and the whole world has no choice but to follow...

Well Miracle on 34th Street maybe my favourite Christmas movie but as a musical it wasn’t my thing unfortunately, I did however have a very entertaining two hours for all the wrong reasons.  Sitting watching everyone else in the audience wasn’t just amusing, it was an education.  There was a lovely family in front of me Mom, dad, teenage son, small son, nan, granddad, and probably sister or friend with her daughter, it all started of fun and games and lovely family outing then the show started and the little lad who was directly in front of me started fidgeting and his mom spent the first half trying to get him to sit still much to my amusement.  Bless him as soon as the curtains started to lower he stood up and clapped like his life depended on it, he really wanted it to be over.    Apparently he couldn’t see because the lady in front of him was quite tall, as I thought the show was a bit rubbish I told her he could sit on his legs or on the arms so he could see the 2nd act and I wouldn’t mind, bless him – he stood up lol, I chuckled all the way through the show, whilst his poor mom got more and more stressed, she wasn’t having fun at all.  

Then I noticed it was going on all over the theatre, at one point a song started and all the smaller kids started rocking from side to side dancing and almost every mom tried to stop them by pinning them to their seats!   I have no problem with kids twitching/dancing in their seats or even talking quietly a little bit, they’re young and enthusiastic – it’s what kids do.  What does bother me about theatres is rude grownups talking rather loud behind you, and the sweet paper rustling, I’m sure the lady on the back row with her Sainsbury’s bag of goodies was having a picnic with her family – it’s two hours for goodness sake, can people not be quiet and either not eat or eat quietly for two hours – why hasn’t someone invented the theatre sweet that doesn’t rustle?  Yes I left the theatre thankful that I went down the single lady with a dog route and not the mother of two kids route, I don’t envy anyone trying to keep everyone happy in a household at all.  My little mate in front of me fell asleep in the end, I tried to but there was too much noise going on behind me :0)

So that was how I was entertained yesterday afternoon, I had a really good day spent the morning crafting in the end which I enjoyed so much I intend to spend all day doing it today.  After the theatre we went for an Indian, for those local it was the Masala Lounge in Wednesfield and very good it was too, fab to catch up with my mate and find out what’s going on in her world.  Spent the evening with mom and XFactor, followed by Jonathon Ross because I wanted to see Eminem, wished he’d been interviewed but he wasn’t, although he is on Zane Lowes Radio One show on Monday night, so I’ll listen to that instead.

So obviously eating out at the Indian restaurant yesterday means I’m all out of ProPoints, I will however eat sensibly until weigh day, then my brother and his wife arrive for a visit, which usually means takeaways, it’s all good, I’ve got my plan, Tandoori chicken if it’s Indian and chicken chow mein if Chinese, I’m getting better with my portion sizes, I left a lot on my plate last night, these days I stop eating because it’s not that fab, or because I’m full and I’ve had enough or because I realise there’s far too much food there for what I need, Years ago I would’ve stopped eating because I’d emptied the plate or because I thought I should as I needed to lose weight.  My approach to taking care of myself has totally changed over the years, I used to feel I had to do it to fit in with society’s idea of what a woman should look like, now I do it because I want to take care of myself because I love me.

If you’re not quite there yet in the whole self acceptance thing, work on being confident in the skin you are in, because that is the only body you will ever have, the only place that will ever be solely yours.  You may never be as skinny as those super models (do you want/need to be), or that stunning beauty who makes everyone turn and stare, but we can be beYOUtiful in our own way.  Why not work on accepting that and own it.  If you want to see someone pretty go look in a magazine, if you want to see someone beautiful go look in the mirror!

BeYOUtiful – realise that you are – accept that you are – love the skin you are in!


No comments: