Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 27 October 2013

I went a little nuts yesterday!

27th October 2013
If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up not doing nothing for nobody. Malcom Bane
 Had a nice chilled day yesterday, took Alfie for a short walk round the block, then spent hours crafting in my office.  Had a couple of delicious meals, brunch was crumpets, eggs, spinach and mushrooms, then for dinner I made chicken breast stuffed with spinach and pepper dew peppers wrapped in wafer thin ham, served with Actifry potatoes and carrots and sprouts with a little bit of gravy and it was delicious.  All of it filling and healthy except for the 1pp spent on gravy, the oil used came out of my daily allowance. 
Then it all went to pot, I found a bag of salted mixed nuts in the drawer – one of my favourite snacks, that normally I know better than to buy, but I’d craved them whilst poorly so bought a bag when in Aldi on Friday!  I’ve just worked the ProPoints out on my calculator and the 150g bag was 27pp, that’s a day’s allowance on the ProPoints plan – OUCH!  So thanks to that and my wine, my weeklies have all gone, but you now what – they were delicious, I really enjoyed them and I won’t have any again for a long time, Christmas will probably be the next time I bother.   
I’ve noticed that on Facebook lots of people beat themselves up for overindulging after the event, whether it’s eating a family sized cake because it was there, ordering dessert when you were out that you hadn’t planned on having, or having a takeaway on your way home from work, I think as  long as you enjoyed it that's all that matters, it's the reasons that we eat that are more concerning than the actual food.  If you didn’t enjoy it then ask yourself why you ate it in the first place and work on changing that behaviour.  If you enjoyed eating it but you’re not enjoying how it’s making you feel afterwards (i.e. bloated, sick, nauseous) then maybe realise that the eating isn’t worth the after effects and work on changing that habit.  Or maybe you enjoyed eating it but you don’t enjoy not being able to get in your clothes, or the number you see on the scales each week, then maybe you have to make a choice!
It’s about how you feel, if you feel fabulous and have the odd over-indulging session then it’s not an issue at all is it, however if you don’t feel fabulous, if you realise that how you feel miserable / uncomfortable / ……. ‘insert here how you feel’ for the 23¾ hours of the day you’re not enjoying that moment of overindulgence, then you really do need to do something about it.  Easier said than done I know, but the first step is always to acknowledge something needs to change, then you can move onto the next step which involving changing.
So yesterday for me was transition day to get me back on track, other than the nuts I ate F&H and enjoyed it, I got my brain working again and thinking about what I could have, how tasty it would be and whether it would keep me satisfied for any length of time.  Today I will still to F&H 100% and won’t be eating no bags of nuts worth 27pp!  
As a very BeYOUtiful, wise lady posted on Facebook yesterday;
New week, new start? Remember you can draw a line and start again at any point... why wait till tomorrow or next week? Start again right now!!  The beauty of Weight Watchers is that I know one bad week doesn't mean a bad journey. 
Everybody starts a diet on a Monday don’t they, well how about we all change that right now and make Sunday the day with get Healthy & Happy and make wise foods choices, maybe even move our bodies a little bit more, if it’s raining outside – find something to do inside that burns some calories.
Go make me proud
Have a fabulous day. Xx
BeYOUtiful & Eat Gorgeous

No comments: