Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Enjoyed a F&H day yesterday...

1st October 2013
It is when you are willing to listen to yourself and be fearless that figuring out your next step becomes easy.
Feeling well enough to work, can talk so that’s a bonus, night nurse wasn’t as good as it usually is and I did have a few coughing fits in the night that disturbed my sleep but I’ve still managed a few hours!
So yesterday I did Filling & Healthy, for my breakfast I had porridge with berries in, lunch was beef steak strips, carrot, courgette, spring onion, lettuce, brown rice and soy sauce. Damn tasty and quick!  My dinner was chicken, mustard mash, carrots, cauliflower, courgettes, yorkie, gravy which used 2pp from weekly allowance. 
It’s a great plan to follow if you don’t want to be thinking about weighing and measuring and ProPointing everything.  I had thought about doing it for the entire week, however on reflection I have too much food in my freezer that isn’t completely F&H and needs using up.  I can’t afford to go and buy more food until I’ve used that food.
I don’t know about you but I eat with my eyes as much as my mouth, if a plate of food looks more appealing, I’m more likely to enjoy it.  I look at some of the meals that people post of Facebook and I think to myself, “that doesn’t look very appealing” or “they could’ve made that look more appetising”, I know it doesn’t change the taste of the dish but it all adds to the enjoyment.  It’s like sitting up the table to eat, mom and I sat there for an hour last night, eating, chatting, watching the squirrel on the garden fence eating his dinner too, it was a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
Below is a F&H recipe for you to try, if you have an fantastic ones, inbox me as I’d love some ideas, there is also a F&H booklet on my recipe pages on my website http://www.happyowls.co.uk/recipes.html
Chicken tikka
5pp per serving, 20 minutes to prepare + marinating, 15 minutes to cook, Serves 4
4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp dried coriander
3 tsp cumin
3 tsp tandoori masala
100g  0% fat Greek yogurt
Thread the chicken onto skewers. 
Put the onion, garlic, ginger juice and spices into a food processor and whizz
until finely chopped. Stir in the yogurt, season and mix well. Place the skewered
chicken in a dish and coat the chicken with the spicy yogurt mixture. Leave for
4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
To serve, grill under a hot grill until the chicken is cooked through. If you like, you
can finish them off in a very hot pan misted with cooking spray. Decorate with fresh
coriander leaves before serving.
-       -   -
Right busy day ahead better get a wriggle on, make it as painless as possible, Beechams powder I think to start me off ;-), might have porridge and berries again too, really enjoyed it and it warmed me up, easy to make too, I have some frozen berries in the freezer and I just grab a handful and throw them in porridge with milk and microwave – easy peasy.
Eating F&H foods will help me recover from my cold faster, so healthy and happy all the way today. Xx
BeYOUtiful.
 

No comments: