Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Bring back the lighter nights! I don't want to hibernate...

9th October 2013
A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. Nelson Mandela
 
These dark mornings do not make it easy to get out of bed, then getting out of bed is one thing, waking up and getting your brain working is another altogether!  I’ve just sat staring at the screen for ten minutes thinking, ‘write something then, you’ve got stuff to do!’  I’m still none the wiser about what to write ;-)
 
Food wise, I’ll be living off the delicious stuff I cooked on Monday so I can’t really share my meals with you, I did use a Weight Watcher wrap to mom it all up yesterday instead of a chapatti because I didn’t have time to make them. 
 
Oh I also lost 2lb which was fab, so that gain I had the other week has now all gone!  I’m now on week 5 of my journal and my weight has gone;
 
Week 1 - lost 2lb
Week 2 – gained 4lb
Week 3 – stayed same
Week 4 – lost 2lb
 
You do the math, basically I weigh the same as I did in week 1 – is this a bad thing, only if weight loss is your only goal maybe but as mine is to be healthy and happy, I good with the results.  Writing it in my journal has helped me to find out about my eating habits and routines so that I can tweak them slightly, it’ll be interesting to compare the next four weeks against these.
 
I’ve also noticed that the change in seasons - dark nights / cooler weather has had a huge effect on a lot of my members; they suddenly want to eat more, and eat differently.  It’s important to realise why, because it’s all too easy to think it’s just because you’re a failure at the weight loss thing, when really its your body screaming “eat” let’s stock up ready for winter – just like a squirrel ;)  If you feel like this, being aware of it helps massively, maybe try the ‘filling and healthy’ option or just think a little more about what to have, the minimum daily allowance of 26pp isn’t a great deal if its not spent wisely and you can be hungry!  Try and eat some protein with every meal, it really does help, and don’t forget that protein isn’t just chicken and ham, it also includes fish, beans and pulses, tofu, Quorn, eggs, seeds, nuts and yogurt and cottage cheese.  It’ll keep you fuller for longer, trust me ;)
 
The other thing that gets in the way of weight loss is “stuff” going on, aka life!  I can give you ‘reasons’ why I didn’t lose weight on week 2 & 3 of my journal, but then again I can give you a reason for not losing weight any week, heck I can pre-empt them, however ultimately if I did want to lose weight for Christmas, then I’d have to realise that ‘life’ gets in the way ALWAYS!  You can either accept this and work round it or use it as an excuse to not lose weight; it all comes back to how important it is to you and how much effort your prepared to put in.  As you can tell by the last four weeks, it obviously hasn’t been important enough to me, not like when I lost my 50lb to get to goal back in 2004!
 
I’m hoping my new skills in the kitchen I learnt on Monday will help me get my love of cooking back and I’ll start spending more time in the kitchen, I really love the idea of eating more lentils and chick peas because they are so good for me nutritionally and flavoured correctly they’re delicious.
 
So that’s your challenge for today, to ensure you have some protein with every meal, and your challenge for the week is to include something with lentils or chick peas, I’ve just had a look on Weight Watchers recipe database and there are lots of options, or you could buy a tin of soup or even hummous. 
 
Remember Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful, the two go hand in hand, and once you find the balance, the side effect is weight loss. xx
 
 
 

No comments: