Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 25 October 2013

Be careful what you wish for cos you just might get it!

25h October 2013
 
Just because something is not happening for you right now, does not mean that it never will.
 
 
Good morning Gorgeous!  Be careful what you wish for because you may just get it!  A few weeks ago I remember being super rushed with loads to do and I thought to myself "I'd just love a week of doing nothing!"  Well I've just had one thanks to my surgery and personally - you can keep doing nothing for any great length of time, it sucks!  I've missed walking the dog & weighing my members, hell I've missed everything about my life as I know it!  Yeah doing nothing is most definitely overrated.  
 
As it had finally stopped raining yesterday, I ventured out with Alfie for a walk and a bit of fresh air and it was lovely and I'm sure mom enjoyed having the house to herself for a bit too even if she wouldn’t admit it.  
 
I've missed cooking, I love to spend time in the kitchen, of course I enjoy it more when I have more time but even when I'm busy, I get satisfaction from putting together a meal, knowing I'm taking care of myself.  
 
Sitting around for a week has really affected my body too, my knees are all achy and sore from lack of use and my shoulders are stiff.  Our bodies are meant to be used not to be constantly sat in front of a tv. Daytime tv should be banned lol, at least I can say I didn't stoop to watching that ;) but I am guilty of watching episode after episode of friends, still funny even though I’ve seen them all before.  
 
So I'm finally out of my pyjamas, and I’m being treated to a massage today courtesy of my helpers, that'll hopefully loosen up some of these stiff muscles, I’m so looking forward to getting back to normality, I will take it easy still, not planning on climbing any mountains or cleaning the house from top to bottom but I should be ok to knock up a meal and walk Alfie.  Feels good to be getting better and goes to show that living the healthy and happy life and Eating Gorgeous helps with recovery.  
 
I can’t wait to get back to my members next week and hear how they’ve all been getting on in my absence.  I’ll be happy to tell them all I’ve maintained, I had my cornflakes yesterday (overrated and will be giving the rest of the box away) and for lunch I had leftover cottage pie with baked beans because I was assured the combination was lush, I’m not sure, I like pie and I like beans but together mmm nah not for me, created quite a debate on Facebook about it though!  I much preferred it with a pile of veggies like I had the day before.
 
I love how we all have different tastes, I love to try new foods and I’ve found myself a recipe for Scouse, never had it before but have heard a lot about it and I’m pleased to say it’s a Filling & Healthy recipe as well as being sensible on the ProPoints too.  I’ve put the recipe below if you fancy having a dabble. 
 
Have a great day, it’s raining again here – boo, but it is October and Bonfire Nights not far away, the weather always gets rubbish around now so it can make the bonfire events wet!  Eat Gorgeous my lovelies and always take care of you because you already know what’s coming next – YOU’RE WORTH IT!
 
Scouse
Serves 3, F&H or 11pp per serving
 
420g Lean Diced Casserole Beef (16pp)
600g of Potatoes, Diced (12pp)    
5 or 6 Carrots, Sliced
1 large Onion, Sliced 
6 Beef stock cubes (3pp)
2 tsp Olive Oil (3pp)
 
Spray Olive Oil in a large pan and heat.  Add the beef and cook on high to seal it.  Drain any fat and add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.  Add the carrots and potatoes and add enough hot water to cover.  Add the oxo cubes and stir.  Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 3-4 hours until the liquid reduces and it goes really thick – you know when it’s ready as you can stand a spoon in it! Delicious the next day.
 
 

No comments: