Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 2 October 2013

All about the wellness this week...

2nd October 2013
The wound is the place where the light enters you.  Rumi
Anyone want a hacking cough?  No, didn’t think so, they always come on when you lie down to go to sleep too don’t they!  Even Night Nurse is struggling to win this battle ;-)
So I stayed the same on the scales, I’m ok with that, bearing in mind I’m not well, I went out the weekend, I went over my ProPoints, I’m due on….. mmm can I think up any more reasons and justifications to okay my maintaining this week rather than losing!  In my own mind I don’t actually need to justify it, I won’t lie though sometimes I do feel that I have to justify it on my blog to whoever is reading it, especially if that person is looking for motivation on their weight loss journey.
All I can say really is I don’t take it as seriously at the moment as I did when I was a size 20 and had lots more weight to lose, I was uncomfortable then and unfit, I’m not now so it’s not such a rush for me.  I say it all the time but it is all about the healthy and happy with weight loss being the side effect.  I’ve noticed if I’m too strict within a couple of weeks I go the opposite way and have a splurge.  So this week I’m giving myself more flexibility, I’ve just started week 4 of my journal and it makes for interesting reading, it’s helping me see my habits and patterns and I’m learning from them. 
It really does help to look at your eating behaviours and habits, to notice if certain foods affect you in any way such as you energy levels, indigestion or heartburn.  Do the meals you eat keep you satisfied long enough or do you notice you feel hungry quite quickly?
Now yesterday I had exactly the same breakfast as Monday, 40g porridge with a handful of mixed frozen berries, Monday it satisfied me for hours, yesterday my stomach was rumbling by 11am.  My initial thought was ooo I’m hungry but then I realised I was more than likely thirsty as I hadn’t had as much to drink yesterday morning as I had Monday.
I followed Filling & Healthy Monday, I was ProPointing yesterday, however my breakfast and lunch were both mostly F&H foods and my lunch beat me, I had to leave food on my plate, so it goes to show when you eat the right foods, it has a more satisfying impact on your stomach.
When is a ProPoint not a ProPoint?  When the serving size is so small it’s negligible, I went shopping in Morrisons yesterday and found this hot chocolate liquid sauce, it suggests that it can also be used as a topping on things such as porridge, toast, desserts etc.  Using my calculator and the nutritional information, it worked out as 0pp for 1 tsp – WOW impressive, until you realise that its 1pp for 2 tsps and you need 4tsps and 200ml milk to make a mug of hot chocolate, so now its 5pp for a cup made using skimmed milk! Remember nothing is free if you take advantage it, the tube is 25pp in total!  So yeah if you just have a teaspoon to use as a topping on your favourite ice cream or dessert it’s fine to not ProPoint it but if you just  give the tube a good squeeze, there will be many ProPoints in the portion!
So what’s my weight loss plan this week?  Mmm well there isn’t one, I’m not focusing on weight loss this week, I’m focusing on wellness, the 3 weeks of antibiotics I had to take for the cyst in my neck has killed all the goodies as well as the baddies in my body which has made my immune system low and given this lurgy the change to take hold.  So I’m all about the good food, because I want to get well again.  Yesterday included
Breakfast
40g porridge, berries (5pp)
Lunch
fresh tuna, samphire, peppers, couscous (11pp)
Tea
Garden pea & mint soup with chorizo and wholemeal bread (12pp)
Snack
Slice of wholemeal bread with Salmon & Dill Philidelphia light (delicious new flavour spread) (2pp)
Today I’m going to make liver (full of iron) and onions, of course I will make it taste delicious using a recipe from the hairy bikers new book, I’d normally just add gravy but we’ll give their recipe a try because it’s been recommended.
Healthy doesn’t have to mean – boring, strict or tasteless!  It’s all about the balance.  ‘Clean living’ is a great idea but the reality for most of us is we enjoy the odd doughnut.  I personally like sweetener in my cups of tea, I’ve been adding them since I was at least 16 I bet, it doesn’t make me crave other sweet stuff and finally after years of studying it the experts have decided that in fact it isn’t dangerous!   I love my veggies but I also love a big juicy steak topped with a blue cheese sauce mmm.  Yeah for me healthy eating is about not having to give up the foods you love but finding a way to include them so that you still maintain a well body.  Same with exercise, I don’t want all the extreme classes that will make me sweat buckets in an hour and burn off hundreds of calories, I’ve done them, I’ve done the extreme sports and exercises in the past I have the scars to prove it, I also have the arthritis in the joints I hurt along the way!  Nope give me a nice walk anyday, relaxing and out in the fresh air, that’s my ideal exercise.
Just realised I’m rambling so I’ll stop!  I’ve got another busy day and I’m ready for another cup of tea, yeah it’s caffeine but it’s also warming, comforting and delicious on a dark, cold morning.
Enjoy your day, midweek already!  BeYOUtiful and Eat Gorgeous xx

No comments: