Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 21 October 2013

A long weekend....

21st October 2013
Keep your eyes on the stars & keep your feet on the ground.
Well that’s a weekend I’m in no rush to repeat, nothing worse than having a lot of time on your hands but not feeling well enough to actually want to do anything so you’re just stuck with lying around recovering.
So lying in bed doesn't really give you much to talk about and that's all I've done since my op.  I won't give you the details of the day’s after the op but it wasn't all pleasant, I have been well looked after by my mom and my bestie dropped in Saturday and I'm blessed to have so many people care for me and lucky to have experts at the end of a phone to ask for help from.  Yes I'm a very lucky lady to know so many wonderful people. 

I spent the weekend uncomfortable and bored and the view from my window isn't exactly interesting.  I've watched a few movies on my iPad, and started listening to a not brilliant audio book whilst willing myself well.

We all have such busy lives that stopping to relax is something we long for, however this isn’t pleasant relaxation and I can think of better ways to spend my weekend.
 
Bless my lovely mom, she’s not blessed with cooking skills and food is the one thing I could’ve turned into a pastime this weekend, luckily my appetite hasn’t bee fab for obvious reasons but thankfully moms talents stretches to toast and soup so I was unlikely to go crazy!
 
I have managed to resist her chocolate stash thankfully and I’d kill for a plate of proper food with vegetables, isn’t it fantastic how my body is craving healthy food rather than the junk, I want cornflakes too, they’re now on my to eat list now, don’t remember the last time I had a bowl of them.
 
We take so much for granted in life, it really does do us good to occasionally stop and think about those things and how lucky we are.  Our bodies for example, they’re amazing, the way they function automatically is just phenomenal.  So the next time you look in the mirror and criticise your appearance, stop for a moment and glory in how amazing your body truly is, and without it or parts of it, things wouldn’t be so great!
 
My necks now covered in bruises and I’m in awe of the fact that surgeons managed to do all that they did through a cut that’s only a few inches long, I mean my doctors had big hands!  How fantastic is modern medicine, how brilliant is all the equipment they use, even something as simple as a blood pressure machine – how clever is that – they blow up a band on your arm and then a machine tells them your blood pressure – genius!
 
See you can tell I’ve had a lot of time doing nothing!
 
So instead of criticising your thick waist or your chunky thighs, wonder at the metabolising your stomachs doing and the distance your legs are carrying you! 
So go BeYOUtiful and appreciate your uniqueness xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: