Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 22 September 2013

These boots were made for walking.....

22nd September 2013
Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it. — Joel Osteen
WE DID IT! ;-)
Before

After
 
Yep and we did it with a smile on our faces and we wee’d in the bushes because 15 miles is a long time to walk without a toilet and the only one there was half way round had an half hour queue and we didn’t want to stop!  I got myself a medal at the end too, and two blisters on my big toes so that I’ll remember it for the rest of the week.
So far I’ve raised £200, I’m thrilled with that, thank you to everyone who’s text or donated online, absolutely chuffed, that’s £13 a mile, £15 a mile would be better so hopefully I’ll get a little more over the next week, text BEVL99 £1 to 70070 or go to http://www.justgiving.com/bevsww and I promise that’s the last time I’ll mention it ;) and of course, Emma, Nat, Ruth, Tracy, and Jon have all raised money too, so we should exceed £500 I’m hoping, great effort and very emotional reading peoples signs saying who they were walking for, especially when one chaps said “I’m walking for myself”.  It’s a wicked illness that any of us can get, so definitely a good charity to raise money for.
Now the thing about getting active, whether doing a charity walk like yesterday or going to the gym, running whatever you may choose is that it can make you think you can eat more!  Mmm, yes I fell for that one yesterday, someone mentioned they’d had a peanut butter latte – I mean who came up with such an amazing creation, well I had to go find out and to make it worse the man who did invent them was cute too!  I had a regular but I still reckon there was a good 12pp in that coffee, it was heaven in a cup after walking 15 miles , but you can safely say I blew the ProPoint bank yesterday, I didn’t earn anywhere near as many as I consumed.  Wearing my pedometer clocked me up 17pp throughout the day, that didn’t even cover the coffee and flapjack!
So if you are active, remember it’s great for you and it does burn calories but it isn’t an excuse to eat what you like!
So today you’d think I’d be thinking about chilling but I actually think I’ll do a little bit of cooking and go food shopping, I don’t think I’ll be walking far, although Alfie will need his morning walk so I’ll do that.  I need to be angelic the next couple of days if I have a hope in hells chance of staying the same on the scales!  9lb to goal, so I’m not going to cry whatever they say, I’m healthy and happy, I proved that yesterday as are all the members that took part in the walk with me, they were a great bunch and we had a real giggle, we know a little bit more about Jon now than we needed too ;) but it was great getting to know more about them than what they weigh and eat!
Right I’m off to walk Alfie and make a shopping list – if I walk aimlessly round Morrisons it could all end in tears J
Enjoy your Sunday, smile regardless of what’s going on in your life!  
 

No comments: