Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 14 September 2013

Stay on track Saturday is what it is!

14th September 2013
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things, instead of using people and loving things!
 
My Friday Feast!

Nice lie in, you can’t beat it, slept like a log I have and I can say I ended Friday on track, get me! I didn’t earn any activity ProPoints, just hit healthy, but I’m happy with that. Only had fruit for breakfast as I’m never fussed on a Friday morning about food, I had some soup for lunch, again because I wasn’t hungry, I’d only sat at my desk all morning, that doesn’t consume much energy. I thoroughly enjoyed my Friday feast though, I’m getting the hang of that slow cooker and I even indulged in and enjoyed my first glass of red for a while.  I haven’t really been enjoying the taste of my red wine over the last month so I stopped drinking it, however when I opened a bottle last night it was delicious and normality was restored, I didn’t finish the bottle though because I’m on track and in the zone, I will finish the weekend on a high!
 
I’ve just received a message to say my Saturday plans are now changed which is a shame, however these things happen.  I did have it all within budget so I would’ve survived, now to decide what to do with myself today J I know I’ll find something, I always do, although whatever I do will be indoors, it’s really grim out there again this morning!
 
Whatever I end up doing, it’s going to be relaxing, I worked quite late yesterday afternoon so this is my first real day off and I need to recharge my batteries, so I’m thinking reading, movie watching, maybe cooking (but might do that tomorrow), we shall see, I’m in no rush.  I need white wine for the risotto recipe apparently and I don’t have so it might have to wait, I did a quick shop in Sainsbury’s yesterday and wasn’t impressed so that my be the last time I grace the store at Wednesfield with my presence for a main shop, so much of what I picked up was use by yesterday, that’s dreadful, then the self serve till played up, I needed another pack of paper to make up to bill to use my voucher and the woman serving me told me to go and get it myself, then I had to go to customer service to pay because the stupid till wouldn’t take my coupon which meant I didn’t get any more coupons from that shop!  When you pay more for your shop you expect to get better service and better quality and I didn’t so Morrison’s or Asda next week I think!  I have about £60 of nectar points to spend which I will of course at some point but I’m afraid that store has lost my regular custom.
 
Rant over ;)
 
I’ve found a none wine risotto that might work and also a nice recipe for minted beetroot, I know there’s a lot of people with Beetroot out there, so the recipes are at the end of the blog if you want them.
 
Right I’m off because I could ramble all morning, I’m in one of those moods, instead I’m going to watch the last hour of Celeb Big Brother from last night as I couldn’t keep my eyes open and I want to see the last two come out, I don’t mind who wins as I liked them both.
 
Have a fab day, it’s Stay on Track Saturday by the way, just in case you were thinking of making it a stray day! ;0)
 
EatGorgeous within your ProPoints!
 
BElieve in
YOURSELF!
 
---------------------------

Minted beetroot with halloumi
Serves 4 (10pp each) Ready in 1 1/4 hours, plus cooling
 
1 bunch beetroot, about 450g
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp dried mint
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (8pp)
250g Halloumi cheese, cut into 8-10 slices (22pp)
4 Weight Watcher Pitta Breads (11pp)
 
1. This recipe is easy. Roast the beetroot for 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4, covered in foil, for 1-2 hours. Allow to cool, covered, then peel and roughly dice. You can blitz the beetroot briefly in a food processor, if you like. Add the lemon juice, mint, oil and some seasoning to taste.

2.
Sear the haloumi in a lightly oiled, hot frying pan or griddle for about 2 minutes each side. Serve while the cheese is warm as cooled haloumi can go a bit 'squeaky'.

This is a wonderful mix of sweet and salty. Serve it with toasted pitta bread.
 

Cheesy Beetroot Risotto

Serves 6 – 10pp each

 

1 beetroot, peeled and quartered
75g beetroot tops (green leaves on the beetroot), stems trimmed
500ml water
500ml vegetable stock
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (8pp)
1 onion, finely chopped
200g Arborio risotto rice (19pp)
225g mature Cheddar cheese, grated (25pp)
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (7pp)

 

Prep:20min  ›  Cook:30min  ›  Ready in:50min 

  1. Place the beetroot and tops in a liquidiser or food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
  2. Bring the water and stock to a simmer in a large pot over medium-low heat.
  3. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook and stir the onion in the oil until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the rice; cook and stir another 2 minutes. Mix in the beetroot and beetroot tops mixture, cooking another minute. Pour in the stock mixture 250ml at a time, allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding each batch, stirring continually; reduce heat to medium and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in the Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Continue stirring until creamy and thick, about 3 minutes more. Serve with Parmesan cheese.

 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: