Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 2 September 2013

Chowing down on a Chow Mein - tasty ;)

2nd September 2013
 
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. Jim Rohn
 
So I didn’t track yesterday, but I didn’t go crazy either, cereal for breakfast, cheese & WW crackers for lunch and I made the Fruity flapjack squares from the new 20 minute meals cookbook that’s arriving Wednesday (I have a preview copy), they were delicious!  I also had an epic fail with the cakes, I forgot they were in the oven – oops ;) didn’t eat any of them, think mom might have had a dabble though.   

 
I’ve fancied a Chinese for weeks now so I finally ordered it last night, Chicken chow mein, pancake roll, beansprouts and egg fried rice, ¾ of it is still in the kitchen, the pancake roll filled me up so I only had a couple of spoons of the other stuff.   I didn’t order from my usual Chinese and it wasn’t a great roll, so wouldn’t order that again, the chow mein was delicious though and I shall be finishing it off this morning because I can eat Chinese for breakfast ;-)
 
 
How do you realistically ProPoint takeaway, well I guestimate, I weigh the tubs on my scales to give me a weight idea this is an example;
This is a portion of Chicken Chow Mein from my local takeaway, I guestimate 20pp working on the principle of
400g cooked noodles = 15pp
Chicken and oil etc at least 6pp.
 
If you look at the same tub with plain noodles in, you an see why I’d guesstimate that way!
 
200g cooked noodles = 7pp
 
Now my egg fried rice!  The eat out guide says 12pp but let’s not forget that’s a guide based on national portions, where I live we get good portions, although the tray last night wasn’t as big as some places, it was a plastic rather than foil tray but it still had approx 350g of cooked rice in it!  So even if it was plain boiled rice it would be 14pp and the eat out guide says 12pp for that, so not far off the mark.  Would you add an extra ProPoint or two for the egg and oil or not?  The Eat Out guide ProPoints boiled and egg fried as the same so maybe you don’t have to. 

For a treat, I definitely think the Chinese is worth the ProPoints, 9 for half the chow mein and I’d personally say 10 for half the rice so 19pp, bargain!  I wouldn’t bother with the pancake roll though, I’d guestimate the ones from our takeaways as 8pp easily they’re big and greasy!
It’s back to school this week for most – woo hoo ;-), and we’ve already started Sensational September, I have to own up to buying my first Christmas presents yesterday!  I’m lucky I don’t have to buy any, I just get my best mates two kids something, everyone else is grown up and can buy their own ;) otherwise it becomes an unhealthy expensive mess and I’m not buying into that side of it, for me Christmas is a time to get together with those you love and enjoy each others company not to spend as much money as possible on lots of people you only see once a year if you’re lucky.  Anyway enough of Christmas, we still have 16 weeks!
 
Instead let’s focus on today, let’s make Monday matter shall we?  Healthy & Happy that’s the key, according to the World Health Organisation the definition of ‘health’ is;

‘A positive state of equilibrium on a physical, mental and social level, not merely the absence of disease or disability.’
 
See it’s not just about weight, good health demands an holistic approach incorporating physical facts (nutrition, exercise, sleep etc) and the psychological.  You need plenty of energy and you also need to be able to handle the stresses of life.  On a scales of 1-10 how healthy would you say you are?
 
On that thought, I’ll say have a great day, EatGorgeous & BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: