Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 9 September 2013

A wonderful day with a wonderful woman x

9th September 2013
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled. Plutarch
We had a great day yesterday, mom and I went for a drive and ended up at Dudmaston Hall Estate, what a beautiful place for a walk and how fortunate were we with the weather. There was the choice of two walks on the map they gave me and bless my mom she said she could do the longer one, 1 ½ miles and takes about an hour it said, through the dingle woods, round the big pool, and she did fab.  We didn’t rush, we enjoyed the scenery and had a fab few hours and of course ended up at the coffee shop, where mom enjoyed a cream tea and I had a sausage bap which I shared with Alfie, he had 2 sausages, I had one and saved a few ProPoints.
I’d put my chicken in the slow before we left and it was delicious, I layered carrots, courgette, yellow & red pepper, onions and a whole chicken (52pp), 4 bulbs of garlic (removed lose papery outer but not peeled) then 150ml of sherry (7pp) and left it for six hours, it was delicious and fell off the bone, I didn’t eat the skin off the chicken but it was cooked with it on.  It was delicious; I served it with mashed potato and beans, I’m definitely going to start using the slow cooker more.
 
I’ve got to try and sort my Flash Player out on my pc today, for some reason it’s disappeared and every time I try to download the new one it doesn’t work, I can’t upload my photos to Facebook from yesterday until that’s sorted. 
I did manage to make a nice list of meals to go at over the next week though, no shopping necessary and so I’ll save a few pennies, using up all the contents of the freezer, they’ll be cod in parsley sauce with rice (10pp), battered fish and Actifry chips (11pp), fish fingers sandwiches (11pp) burger with Actifry chips (12pp), lasagne (11pp) chicken in honey and mustard sauce with rice (12pp), pasta bake (14pp), cod roe, peas and savoury rice (10pp).  I’m also going to have a go at making cheese, potato and onion pie without the pastry, and there’s a couple of Sainsbury’s stuffed chicken breast things that I have frozen which can be used with rice.  I also have a jar of Weight Watchers korma sauce in the cupboard that I’m going to experiment with and add tinned tuna to it to see what it’s like, you never know!  But I have over 12 meals there with stuff that’s been in the freezer or cupboards for a while.  Then whilst I’m going through those I’m going to choose a few nice Jamie recipes to have a go at next.
I think fish finger sandwiches today for sure, then I can have leftover slow cooker chicken for tea too, mmm nice.
It’s raining out there (boo) and we’re supposed to be going for a walk on the chase, I shall go if my walking partner wants too but if she isn’t fussed, I’m not either, I’ll easily find something else to do with my day off.
Loved that I slept to nearly 8am again, getting a lazy mare ‘-)
Here’s to a mega Monday, EatGorgeous and BeYOUtiful as always. xx
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful inspirational blogger you are !!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing xxxx