Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 7 September 2013

A bag of chips please - HOW MUCH!?

7th September 2013

Mindfulness can be summed up in two words: pay attention. Once you notice what you're doing, you have the power to change it. Michelle Burford
As one of my members pointed out in our Facebook group the other day, she laughs every time someone says “I thought you were on a diet!” when the see her eating a biscuit or similar.  That’s the beauty of making life long changes, it’s why Weight Watchers works because you can still eat a biscuit or chip shop chips now and again – you’ve got to love that weekly allowance.

Yesterday Lynne and Jen came round for a few hours and I didn’t fancy cooking us lunch, I’d also been fancying chips for a few days so that’s what we had, this is the bag of chips I fetched;

 
Now that’s a big bag of chips, and for those who are thinking ‘the paper weighs’ yes it does and I weighed it afterwards, all of 25g!  We shared then because if you look in the Eat Out guide is says
Standard Portion (based on 210g) 14pp

No one is supposed to eat almost two pounds of chips in one sitting are they.  But yes if you wanted to or you were a bloke then you could have a larger portion, however I think most people would have something with their chips, we had chicken.

So that was yesterday, I had a slice of bread with some ham on for my tea but I was pretty full from lunch and was in bed by 9ish, thankfully had an early night because I was up at 2.30 with stomach cramps, you’ve got to love being a woman, two hours later by the time I got back to sleep, yay I loves getting older lol.

So today looks promising I might drag Alfie out for a longer walk if he’s willing, I was going to clean the bathroom today, but I did it yesterday after I’d had my bath, always easier to clean a bath when you’re already in it!
I’ve hardly spent any money this week in the shops as I’m still working through the freezer, I want to defrost it before restocking, just took a chicken out so that’ll be good for tomorrow, I did buy a cheese and onion Lattice pie from the Co-op last night though, 9pp for a quarter of the pie, looks delicious and for £2 not a bad buy, will make four meals, I don’t have salad in so will have it with broccoli shoots, looking forward to lunch now!

I’m going to do a meal plan and a proper shopping list for when I do go shopping to stop me going silly, we talked about sorting our surroundings in the meeting this week and that’s exactly what I’m doing, if it’s not here I can’t eat it.  The treats moms got in aren’t my favourites so I can usually resist them, the kitchen is next for the big clean up, emptying out all the cupboards etc, that’ll earn me some ProPoints, might do that today or tomorrow depending on my mood.  Then the utility room is next, not looking forward to that, it’s like moms version of Aladdin’s cave but full of junk not treasures, she collects anything and everything, for someone obsessed with recycling and rubbish, she holds onto a lot of stuff.  Yeah feeling in the mood to sort, think I might get that done today, looking at the forecast and it’s saying rain, so we shall see.
Right I’m off, if you’re around Wednesfield this afternoon, pop into Sainsbury’s and check out the Weight Watcher stand with my mate Elle manning it, it’ll be a long few hours for them so a bit of company will help ;)

Whatever your plans, as always – BeYOUtiful. Xx

 

No comments: