Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 16 August 2013

The poorly head is trying to stray me!

16th August 2013
 
“Nothing makes you like other human beings so much as doing things for them.” - Zora Neale Hurston
Just rolled out of bed, 8.45!  Took night nurse last night as not feeling too clever and it’s worked its charms, a good sleep, can’t have a cold as it’s really making this lump in my neck painful and we all know the best medicine for pain and poorly is food and drink and we can’t be having any of that whilst I’m trying to get back to my goal ;)
I love how the illogical greedy, thirsty brain works, when I started feeling a bit rubbish on Wednesday, instead of thinking;
“That’s the first time this year I’ve felt a bit rough, I’ve really got away with the colds and flu’s for a good while.”
My “I’m trying to lose weight” brain instead thought;
“See not drinking red wine is bad for me, I haven’t been ill all the time I’ve been drinking and eating too much, the minute I start losing weight I get ill, my body obviously doesn’t like it and needs more nourishment and red wine!”
Erm, yeah WATEVA Beverley, get a grip!
So yesterday despite feeling a bit poo, I managed to get through the day enjoying my meetings, sharing my members success and staying on track, it was partially helped by the tune that I’d got stuck in my head (Thanks for that Emma), I’ve even added a second line;
We're moving, we're grooving we're in the zone & we're losing!”
We’re rocking, we’re rolling, we’re on the right track & we’re strolling!
So yes I am still on track, yesterday looked like this;

Breakfast
Scrambled egg & crumpet 7pp
Lunch
Cauliflower mozzarella cheese 10pp
Tea
Chicken balti (using a maggi cook in the bag 2pp) and tilda microwave roasted pepper & courgette rice 14pp (if I’d used breast it would’ve been less pp.
Snacks
Banana & handful of raspberries
Pedometer earned me 4pp (no dog walking yesterday)
So I’m now 4 hours behind with my paperwork because of my lie in and I’m thinking a slow easy day, will take my time doing all the office stuff, then take it easy today to try and shake off this headcold.  Will have a bath and fill the bathroom full of steam and menthol crystals in the sink too, I will not be ill for long – sickness is not welcome in my body.
So here’s to another day on track, I’m entering the weekend with my weeklies intact so I do plan to use them this weekend, not sure yet what one, may a glass of the good stuff or a delicious meal cooked from scratch, unsure as yet – watch this space, one thing I do know is I won’t be ending the week with the intact ;-)
Eat Gorgeous everyone, here’s to a fabulous weekend ahead whether it rains or shines.
xx
 
 

No comments: