Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 21 June 2013

What if Paddington Bear had been a wine drinker - now there's a story ;-)

Friday 21st June 2013
No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is.
Can’t sleep, it’s 4.15am and I’ve been away just under an hour so I’ve admitted defeat and got up, might as well be doing something useful!   I’ve got a busy day ahead anyway so may as well get it started early and give myself a couple of extra hours to do everything, I’ll have an early night tonight I’m sure.
I felt like Winnie the Pooh last night only rather than honey it was peanut butter, I found the open jar in the fridge and a teaspoon, I then proceeded to waste a good 9pp on it!  Did you know it’s 17pp per 100g – OUCH!  So this morning it’s either going in the bin or at least out of the fridge and in the cupboard, no the bin is safer isn’t it, then I can’t do it again.  What a waste of 9pp, that’s half a bottle of wine I’ve missed out on.
What started it was a gluten free cookie recipe I saw posted on Facebook which doesn’t use eggs or flour, so I may as well share, they apparently work out at 4pp each as another leader made them, and she confirms they went down very well and neither her husband or children realised they had chick peas in them!  The original recipe was taken from http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-bites.html/  regarding cup measurements, it’s an American thing but you can get a jug with it marked out usually in this country. The recipe is at the end of my blog.
We had fun in the meetings this week, I’ve really enjoyed them, I particularly like the idea of tagging all my members and having a map in my office that shows me where every one of you is at any one time!  I love the idea of having those tags fitted with a taser device so I can give you a shock if you’re up to no good ‘-) can you imagine the fun I’d have on a Friday night after a glass or two of wine!  We all know that’s not about to happen but this week you could pretend it was!
One of my members was gutted Wednesday night because we didn’t have any of the new Smoky Bacon bakes and they’ve stopped producing the Chicken flavour, it got me to thinking what would you do if your favourite food became extinct?  Or in my case red wine!  We all have that one food we can’t resist but if it was extinct we’d have no choice would we!  So would it just get replaced by another food that would then become our favourite?  I know if I don’t buy something then eventually I forget about it and no longer want it, as soon as that food is bought back into my house I want it again.  Crisps are a prime example mom threw 3 packs of 6 into my trolley yesterday and one was pickled onion flavour, well I couldn’t resist last night and indulged, absolutely lethal those things are and I shall be giving the rest of the 6 pack away because mom doesn’t like them but I do and I will not be able to resist so I need to make them extinct!  What needs to be extinct in your house?
On that note, I’m off to do some paperwork, my hands really hurt at the moment so typing isn’t too much fun, even filling my car up with petrol was painful yesterday, holding the pump was difficult, so I’m going to try and stay off the pc this weekend as much as possible, and my iphone and hope it eases off a bit!
YAY it’s Friday, have a fabulous one and take care of yourself x
 
Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Ready in: 18 min
makes 14 x 1" cookies
 
1¼ cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter or almond butter
¼ cup (80 grams) honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
½ cup (90 grams) chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips, if needed)
 
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined.
2.Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
3. With wet hands, form into 1½" balls. Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.
 
Notes
o    My can of chickpeas was 400 grams, 240 grams without the water, and I used all but a few tablespoons.
o    Don't even try with regular peanut butter! They'll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter. :)
o    If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.
The leader who made them used Sunpat peanut butter and reckoned they weren’t oily at all!

No comments: