Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 10 June 2013

It's Monday, let's make the most of it...

Monday 10th June 2013
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.  Buddha
Siblings on the sand - one of my fav holiday pics
 
Another beautiful day yesterday, I spent it in the garden again painting a couple of fence panels and an old wooden chair I had, my brothers coming next Saturday to sort the actual garden and then I’ll be able to keep on top of it after that hopefully!  I’ve really enjoyed being out there, will I feel the same when the sun isn’t shining though that’s the question!
I also put my holiday photos online yesterday morning too, I love doing that and reliving the holiday at the same time, remember the things that made you smile and the sights that you’ve seen.  Here are the links if you’d like to see how beautiful Harlech is and also the 8 acre grounds of our holiday home.   
When we were away there were a couple of occasions when I had flashbacks to my childhood, one was whilst ‘colouring in’ with young Jen which reminded me of when we were kids and my sister was so ‘precise’ about how to colour and taught me the ‘right’ way!  As soon as I realised I was taking it so seriously I started painting my cows purple, it was meant to relax me not make me concentrate so much!  The other was how tense I felt one dinner time when we were all sitting around the table, I realised I was remembering how uncomfortable Christmas meals in our house could be if my dad wasn’t in a good mood, so I reminded myself this wasn’t the same situation and relaxed.  My own memory isn’t the best so I don’t often remember stuff from my childhood and I found it interesting and also enlightening, it offered me an insight into a couple of my behaviours.  
People use their past as an excuse for their behaviour and we shouldn’t, none of us grew up in a perfect household and if you did then you’re in the minority, so no matter what happened to you when you were young stop seeing these things as your excuses.  Be willing to look at today, look forward, because if you continue to look back it won’t help, imagine if you were driving a car and you only looked in the rear view mirror when you should be looking forward - you’d crash.  So yeah obviously your past does have an impact on the person you are now but if you dwell on the past it isn’t going to help, so why not let it go, step into the present and look towards the future, think about all the possibilities you have, be your own expert, listen and learn and put into practice that which feels true to you.  No one can impact your life as much as yourself – never forget that, you have the power always.
I’m going to leave you with a feel good story because it’s a great way to start the day, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-22832224  Our local school caretaker took a nasty fall in Snowdonia 11 days ago and his dog ran off and went missing when the helicopter landed, they found him yesterday whimpering on a cliff, brought tears to my eyes it did, as I often see the dog with his owner when I’m out walking Alfie. 
Have a Marvelous Monday, remember it’s what you make it. xx

No comments: