Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 13 June 2013

It doesn't solve anything!

Thursday 13th June 2013
Do not underestimate yourself.  Remember, without your presence, someone else’s life wouldn’t be complete.
 
Yes another busy day yesterday and even nipped into an Indian food shop I’ve discovered to try their Tandoori chicken but I had it with salad so the ProPoints was within my allowance, finished the day on 29pp having earned 9pp on my Pedometer so I’ve got a nice little stockpile going on for the weekend should I need them!  Feeling on top of it all though which is good, my holiday really helped but not in the way I’d expect, it wasn’t about the fact I relaxed it was more about the attention being taken off food so since I got back food is something I’m only thinking about when I have too which helps massively.
I really could do without the rain this weekend though as I want to get in the garden, my brothers coming to sort it all out for me and I want to spend time out there too, so pray for dryness for me please, I know I’m being cheeky after the lovely week of weather we had on holiday but I need to have a great first week on the plan and being in the garden will help massively!  Walking too is much more fun when it’s dry and the suns shining, so I’d like to get a good walk in too.
I’m still drinking plenty of water I reckon about 6 or more pints yesterday, and I only had about 3 cups of tea which is at least 3 times less than I used to have, yes it’s all about habit changing, working on one thing at a time and making it a permanent habit.  Unfortunately bad habits are like comfy beds, easy to get into but damn hard to get back out off!  I’m a big believer of believe you can and you will though so that’s what I’m holding in my mind, I’m believing I can make permanent changes, so far this year I’ve changed my plate size and got into the habit of eating up the table, they’re two habits I plan to continue to keep in place forever.  Of course there are the ones I did years ago that I still do, such as saccharine in my hot drinks, skimmed milk, I bet you’ve made habit changes if you think about it.
Yes life can get in the way sometimes but I’ve decided that I’m going to stop letting it, I’m going to stop using that as MY excuse to carry on overindulging and not getting back to my goal.  Yes my moms been poorly for the last year and it’s affected both of us, however my eating that extra bit or having that extra glass of wine will not change the situation or make her better nor will it help either of us deal with the situation.  I’ve been fooling myself letting myself believe that it does make me feel better when actually it probably makes me feel worse if you throw in the heartburn, indigestion and the fact I can’t get a few things on in my wardrobe because they’re a little tight.
So that will be my reminder the next time I go to look for comfort or a solution in the kitchen, I’ve actually just printed a sign to put a sign on my fridge saying, “THIS will not solve THAT!”  I know what it means when I look at it so it’ll be a good reminder when I’m “in the moment” and about to do some damage.
I think we all have times when we go looking for the solution to our problems in the kitchen, they aren’t their – take my word for it!  Constantly reminding yourself of that fact will help and maybe one day sink in completely.
Usually at this point I tell you what I’ve planned for today’s menu but I don’t know because I haven’t even thought about it yet, this week food just doesn’t seem that important to me, I’m focusing my energy on the things that really are, my work, my mom, my garden and me – not necessarily in that order of course!
Have a great day and give yourself a break if you’ve been struggling, but at the same time decide to sort yourself out and do something about it.  We can do this xx  
 
 

No comments: