Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 16 June 2013

10 green bottles NOPE - 10 green bins YEP!

Sunday 16th June 2013
Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.  Zig Ziglar
 
Yesterday was spent doing what I can only describe as extreme gardening!  We started at 9am and finished around 6ish and worked damn hard inbetween cutting back, removing and weeding, whilst my brother laid slabs and with his mate put the fence panels in.  My pedometer by the end of the day showed 38,474 steps and 17pp earned and this morning my shoulders are a bit tight to say the least.  Worth it though, still a long way to go until it’s complete but it’s great to know we’ve knocked a big dent in it, I need a low maintainence garden and that wasn’t what we had, the weeds were taking over and it had just got overwhelming, 10 green bins we filled yesterday – thank the universe for good neighbours.  I really enjoyed it though, I have to admit and it we could get some more sunny, dry days I can see myself pottering around in my garden, we had a couple of heavy downpours yesterday but the passed over quickly.
My pond has frogs I’m not sure which is it, but I spotted 3, the one was small so I’m guessing their a family – cuteness!  We also have lots of snails and slugs so the frogs better put their fingers out and get better at controlling them!
At lunchtime I went and fetched fish and chips for everyone and I made myself a sandwich, how controlled was that, yes I’m wanting a weight loss Tuesday morning so I’m not wasting that chance of a bag of chips!
Whilst all this was going on, bless her, my mom stayed in bed and enjoyed a day of complete rest, every time I made the boys a cuppa, I took her one too – alright for some isn’t it ;-)
The weather is looking promising again today so I will be able to do a bit of fence painting today I think and potter a bit more, make the most of the weather whilst I can, earn some ProPoints and stay out of the kitchen, win / win situation.
I may even take me a trip to a garden centre for ideas, oh dear I can feel a new way to spend money coming on! 
Well I’m off, can’t wait to get out there, feels good – I much prefer productive exercise to gyms or classes, and it’s been a long time since I did a day of manual labour which I enjoyed although as much as I did, I can’t imagine going back to that life!  My brother and I used to do gardening for a living so yesterday would just have been a working, no way could I do that now and thankfully I don’t have to.
Whatever your plans, enjoy. x
 
 

No comments: