Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Support & Success - You can't beat it ;-)

15th May 2013
The day you stop worrying will be the first day of a new life. Let go of things you can't change. The Notebook of Life
 
My job can be real emotional!  I hear such stories and they all inspire and move me and yesterday was no different, I got to award Kellie with her 50lb certificate, Jane with her 75lb certificate and young Laura with her 10%.  Last week Jane had posted on facebook about being able to fasten her sandals now without help, yesterday as we celebrated her success she told me how now when she walks past a window – she wants to look at her reflection – how fabulous is that!  Kellie has just blossomed, such confidence and she’s also taken up running, so obviously has so much more energy – I’ve seen her trackers and I have to say she’s very healthy, they always impress me.  As for Laura, her enthusiasm is just catching and this is why Weight Watchers work because all these ladies are helping each other, supporting each other and celebrating their success together.
 75lb lost so far ;-)

 56lb lost (4 stone) and now at goal.
 
Switching topic to food because that’s what I likes, yes I adore food it has to be said and I look forward to my meals, last night I enjoyed St Agur mushrooms, I cooked the mushrooms in a bit of water then at the end added 40g of St Agur blue cheese and let it melt, they were delicious if you like blue cheese of course, I’m guessing you could try it with ordinary cheese or even cheese triangles if you wanted to save the ProPoints.  I enjoyed them with a Weight Watcher pitta bread which were on offer in Morrisons together with all the other WW bread products.  Their fresh fruit and vegetables are very reasonably priced too; I might be shopping there more in the future.  British Strawberries, two punnets for £3 and actually sweet! 
Yes yesterday whilst walking the dog I realised that food and wine are two of the things I really have to look forward to every day, then I thought that was a little bit sad initially, until I thought about the planet as a whole and all the creatures on it and all the other animals live to eat, drink and breed, so if we go back to our basics that’s what we are.  Don’t I think crazy stuff whilst walking the dog!  Seriously though eating is something I have to do every day, I want to look forward to it, I want to enjoy what I eat, I want to make it a special part of my day – sitting down to the table, chatting to mom over lunch, it goes back to enjoying the little things in life.  As for wine, yes that too, if I open a bottle of smoky, oaky delicious wine I smile it lifts my heart and I savour the flavour, if I open a bottle and it’s not fab, I cook with it or throw it away, I only get to enjoy so much of it so I’m only drinking the good stuff.  Same with food, to maintain my weight I only get to eat so much so I’m going to ensure I eat what I enjoy.
My fridge is once again refilled with lots of fruit and veg, possibly a little too full because I’m a bit rubbish at buying the correct amount, however it does mean I will eat healthy if that’s what’s on offer, ooo what to have for breakfast – spinach and scrambled egg pitta, omelette maybe, blue cheese mushrooms again, decisions, decisions.
Yes it may seem a little sad to some that I get excited about food but I’ve decided I’m good with that, I can handle being a bit sad ;-).
Already drunk two 330ml glasses of water since I got up and about to get my third, yep drinking first thing in the morning before my cup of tea is really helping me.  So my tweak of the weeks this year that I’ve done and have continued to do are;
·         Sitting up the table to eat (this started with one meal and is now all of them)
·         Eating from a smaller plate
·         Drinking water before cup of tea
·         Walking dog twice a day at least 5 times a week
Those are the ones I can remember, there could be more I just forget stuff as those closest to me know!  All those things are making me a healthier person and are all pretty easy to do.
Right I give up, I’m sat here in my pjs and hoody with the hood up cos it’s so cold, I’m off to put the heating on and make a cuppa – ridiculous weather for May!
EatGorgeous, BeYouTiful and have a delicious day. xx
 

No comments: