Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 May 2013

Monotony or Routine?

9th May
Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can. John Wesley
Monotony or routine?  How do you see something that you do over and over?  It’s all about your attitude and how you see choose to see it I suppose.  I think if you can put certain things in place so that you do them regularly without thinking (routine) especially where your weight loss efforts are concerned then surely that makes it a little less of an effort.  Because as I’m often heard to say, in my opinion nothing about weight loss is easy, so if I can do something that makes it less difficult I’m up for that.
Yes routine is good, some people have the same breakfast every morning which is a routine and it helps – I can’t seem to do that, I only get 21 meals a week and I don’t want to make 7 of them the same, I’m much too much of a foodie for that, yesterday I had a chicken and cheese slice toastie cooked on my George Foreman it was lush for 12pp.  The one routine that does help me without a doubt is tracking, I’m rarely within my allowance, however since I started tracking almost 3 weeks ago now I’ve improved and at least I’m aware of what I’m doing.  This weeks routine I’m working on is the glass of water as soon as I get out of bed instead of the cup of tea, it’s amazing how quick I can drink that water if I want my tea!   If you’re on Weight Watchers monthly pass then the have Routines covered more in detail on their esource, it’s also looked at in the programme material and worth a look because I think putting routines in places can make weight loss that little bit easier in such a busy world.
It’s all too easy to feel like giving in isn’t it, especially if you’re struggling but when you feel that way remind yourself why you started and that if you gave in it would have all be for nothing, you should never quit trying to live a healthier life and make yourself a healthier person, that’s a lifetime role.
Monotony or routine, failure or set back, the words you use are massively important, all you need do is say the word FAILED and how does it make you feel?   It’s a horrible word that makes your heart sink, ‘failure’ implies that there are only two possibilities, failure or success, but that’s not true, especially where weight loss is concerned.  You may not be where you want to be yet, or where you’d hoped you be by now, but as long as you haven’t given up and you are doing your best to take care of yourself when you can then you’re never going to be a failure (doesn’t that word sound horrible!)  With the feelings of failure come guilt and maybe embarrassment and that’s not how you should ever feel about yourself nor your behaviour if you are doing your best but finding it difficult because as I said at the beginning of this blog – weight loss in not easy!
So if you’re not where you wanted to be by now regarding your weight, or you’ve fell of the weight loss wagon for a bit, then you haven’t failed you’ve been practising and/or taking a break.  Life gets in the way, that’s why you have to enjoy the journey and like me and so many of my members maybe be willing to take the scenic route.
It’s important to love yourself, to take care of yourself the best you are able and to never let your self talk be harmful to you.
Have a great day everyone, the sky is a lovely peachy colour here this morning, so let’s have a ‘peachy’ kind of day. xxx
 

No comments: