Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 19 May 2013

Denise's Story & Going Veggie (only for a week)

19th May 2013
It is almost impossible to smile on the outside without feeling better on the inside.
 
Damn foxes woke me up at 3.30am and I haven’t been able to go back to sleep since, it’s obviously that time of year again ;)
 
Yesterday Denise made the papers, if you didn’t get to see her story here’s a link to one of the many articles;
 
 
They were all lovely articles; Denise did say though that the papers forgot to mention the tremendous support from my other half Chris Rounds and her family and friends.   We all need support don’t we, it’s what makes everything in life some much easier.

To treat myself and help me relax after all the rushing around the last few days, I had a lovely massage at the Chi Rooms in Essington http://www.chi-rooms.com/ and when I told Karen about the 8 week summer body confidence challenge we’ve started she said to celebrate it she would give a 10% discount to first time customers quoting “Bev’s Weight Watchers”, they do nails, massage, facials, hands & feet, tanning (thinking about one of those myself!)  Go check out their website and pamper yourself.
 
Now next week is National Vegetarian week and as we all know how good our greens are for us, I thought I’d try and do a week as a veggie, I used to be a vegan but reverted back so I thought  I’d have a go, fancy joining me in the challenge?  I start tomorrow morning for 7 days.  Blow is one of the recipes I’ve found that I’m going to try out.  If you’ve got a super recipe send it me and remember some of the best meals in the world are veggie – egg and chips, beans on toast, cheese & onion cobs!  Yes I’m up for the challenge, might help with the weight loss too, think of the soups you could make.
 
Gobi Mattar
 
Feeds 2 – 5pp each:
1 small cauliflower
Half mug green shelled peas (I used freshly frozen one) (100g = 2pp)
1 medium potato (200g = 4pp)
1 tsp coriander powder
Half tsp cumin powder
Half tsp cumin seeds
Half tsp chilli powder
Half tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil (4pp)
Salt to taste
 
Cut the cauliflower into large florets. Don’t make them too small or they’ll fall apart when you cook them.
 
Peel and chop the potato into little pieces. Bring a large frying pan to heat on high with the tablespoon of oil. When it’s hot, add the cumin seeds and as they sizzle up, the potatoes along with all the spice powders.
 
Stir the potatoes for five minutes until their edges turn translucent and you can insert a fork into them albeit with some difficulty. Now mix in the cauliflower florets, lower the heat to a medium, cover and cook for five minutes.
 
Lastly, stir in the peas, salt to taste and cook for a final five minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
 
 
On that note, I’ll be off, and remember from tomorrow, I’m Eating Green & Gorgeous ;)

No comments: