Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 29 April 2013

Who we trying to kid! How healthy are we really?

29th April 2013
You are what you eat so don’t be fast, cheap, easy or fake!
 

If you keep saying tomorrow you’ll run out of time! How true is that, think about it for a moment your body is a result of the choices you make and that is why you should refuse to give up on yourself!  When you feel like quitting – think about why you started!
 
I’ve just made my mom a cup of tea and listening to her talk about her aches, pains and problems really makes me think about what I’m playing at with my behaviour.  Some of the ailments she has to live with now are caused because of the way she ate earlier on in her life, my dad too who has now passed didn’t help himself with his drinking exploits!  So why when we see our parents’ health suffer because of their behaviour do we not sort our own out?  Mmm well I’m no shrink but I’m guessing it’s because we think it’ll never happen to us, I bet my parents thought that to!  When we young we think we’re indestructible and as we get older we think it’s too late.  And I’ve just asked mom if she’d known how she’d end up would she have eaten/drunk differently over the years and her answer was “no”, she wouldn’t change a thing!  So there’s some food for thought are we just creatures on self-destruct or do we just enjoy the good so much we’re willing to take the bad?  I honestly don’t know the answer to that and I’m guessing everyone is different so their response would be different too.
 
Having said all that, I do what I can to keep me at a weight I’m comfortable with because those problems are almost instant, whereas the stuff that’s going on inside the body we can’t see.  I’ve just realised this all sounds a bit doom and gloom for a Monday morning – it’s not meant to be, I’m just sharing what I’m thinking and when someone in your family gets ill, you do think strange things.  I’ve realised I need to take care of myself so I can take care of my mom, which has got me on track (not perfectly but improved), I’ve actually filled a week in my journal, 100% honest tracking, some of it makes better reading than others pages.  If I start with the 100% tracking, then work on the improving it, this is my plan;
 
Walk more
Eat Gorgeous
It all makes a difference
Glasses not bottles!  
Healthy is where it’s at
Think before you eat
Little tweaks make a difference
Only eat when you’re hungry
Step by step towards
Success
 
(if you’re not a drinker you could use “Gain confidence” for the G ;-) )
 
I’m going to print that off and stick it on the fridge, I know it’ll take time to do all of those things all of the time but I’m trying and that’s the main thing.  I have also written my reasons down and I’m going to make a bookmark with them on to put in my journal to remind me of why it’s important for me to eat healthily, drink sensibly and move more because even when I’m in “Sod it” mode, I know it’s not really helping me at all.
 
So here goes, week 2 of my Journal, let’s see if I can improve on week 1’s entries!
 
Have a fab day, remembers it’s Marvellous Monday so Eat Gorgeous & BeYouTiful. xx

No comments: