Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 23 April 2013

"I FEEL FAT" What's that really all about?

23rd April 2013
Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness. William E. Gladstone
I stuck to my ‘tweak’ and carried water with me yesterday, I’m even sitting here with my first pint, and I have to say when I had my main meal I felt fuller afterwards than I normally do, whether that was relevant or not I’m unsure. 
Ate well yesterday had beans & laughing cow on toast for breakfast (5pp), a nice chicken dinner for my main meal (12pp) and an oven omelette for tea (8pp).  I also earned 8pp on my pedometer, the weather makes such a massive difference to how I feel, it was still windy yesterday but at least it was dry.  I took mom to Chase Water as she’d never been before and she loved watched the swans and other ducks.
My oven omelette was very tasty, I wanted to use up the last of the Mozzarella (12pp) and the courgette from the fridge, so I fried the courgette with some mushrooms and spring onions in a tablespoon of oil (4pp), then I linked a dish and add 6 beaten eggs to it, poured in the veggies and topped with cheese before baking for about half hour on gas mark 4.  It was delicious with a bit of salt and pepper.
 
Yes I’m loving have Monday free, I managed to get a load of ironing done yesterday and gave the kitchen a good clean too, it’s lovely having that balance.
Oh I just want to give a bit of a plug for a friends daughter who realised her first single yesterday, Rose Redd is her name and ‘Perfectly Useless’ is the song, she is very good, and I downloaded my copy from itunes, I particularly love her acoustic version.
She’s a local girl, so it would be nice to see her succeed ;-) go have a listen.
Have you ever noticed how you wake up some mornings feeling really good about yourself and about how you look (regardless of your weight!) and then the next day you wake up feeling unhappy with your appearance, this is usually because our body has not changed our mind has.  This isn’t about your actual body shape nor size, this is your body image and whether you’ve got a positive or negative one going on.  This also shows that can change on a daily basis, sometimes when the negative thoughts about your body surface, you maybe are having negative thoughts about some aspect of your life too.  Most people want their body to be different in some way, to maybe fit what is considered ‘the perfect body’.  And even if you’ve got a perfect body you can still have the negative body image, because we are rarely completely satisfied with what we have because our true physical appearance has very little to do with our body image. Who we truly are inside and how content we are is what really decides how much we accept the skin we’re in!  From a personal point of view I’ve been 2-3stone lighter and less satisfied with my body than I am now, I’ve exercised and worked out daily, I’ve eaten a extremely strict diet and achieved that ‘ideal weight’ and still been unhappy with it because then I had no curves or shape, I didn’t have the long blond hair of the really attractive girl in the office, nor the boobs of another, etc, etc, etc – you just can’t please a 20-something can you ;)  You can change your body without changing your body image you see and then you’re still no happier.
This last week I’ve had a bit of a peak back into that world, I think it’s mainly been because I’ve felt run down and poorly and if you throw in a few hormones too well that can make you think all sorts of things!  Now I know I’ve gained a few pounds over the last few weeks but how I’ve felt about my body had massively changed since the previous week, month or even year – this Happy Owl has felt FAT!  What’s that all about ay?  Now my friend told me she read somewhere than when we say we ‘feel fat’ that’s not really what we mean, we mean ‘we feel……’ something but it isn’t fat, its just that we can’t actually put a word to how we feel.  That’s possibly true in this case, because today I feel just fine, yeah I want to lose those few pounds but I don’t feel fat anymore, I just feel that I need to be extra careful in my consumption of food for a bit as I do like fitting in the jeans I’ve already got and I don’t wanna be buying the next size up.
But that flashback to the old days of ‘feeling fat’ SUCKED!  I didn’t like it and I don’t know how anyone puts up with feeling that way because it really drags you down doesn’t it. If you feel that way, did you know not many people see their body as it really is, a lot of people imagine what it will (could) be like, this dream of that ideal body (heck in my old dream of that body I had blonde hair!) and usually with that dream comes a false belief of happiness and the perfect life!
Now here’s food for thought, what if how you think about your body determines how you take care of it?  If you think of your body as excess baggage that you have to carry around with you but you don’t want too, then you are like to look at your diet in a similar way, you will maybe treat it like something that has to be done (like the ironing) not a pleasant task so many subconsciously you’ll reach for foods that reflect how you’re feeling, food that will enhance your condition of feeling sluggish and heavy, these would of course be high fat and high sugar foods – just a thought?  Just throwing that idea out there!
What if you decided to give yourself a break and think of your body in a more positive light, instead of imagining wanting the ‘perfect diet’ , why not imagine having YOUR PERFECT BODY, individual to you, it would of course be healthy, taken care off and loved, ooo I feel better just typing that idea.  You are much more likely, I believe, to feed that body in a more positive manner with healthier choices, you’d take the time to prepare a meal with love rather than slap dash.  Have you ever notice how a meal that has been lovingly prepared for you always tastes better, even if it’s a sandwich?
So I’m glad to say today I’m back to being a ‘Happy Owl’, I’ve lost that ‘’FAT’ feeling and I’m sure it was down to me feeling a bit run down and I’m so glad my mate reminded me that it wasn’t my body I had the problem with because she was right.  I love me whatever size I am, I spent way too many years not loving me enough to ever go back to that state of mind.  If you’re not there yet, if you haven’t quite reached the ‘Happy Owl’ state of mind, work on it because your body, whatever its size – is the only one you’re ever going to get, so show it some respect, give it a bit of love and feed it good healthy food, and not forgetting ensure you give it the odd treat too.
Cheers (with a pint of water in my hand) here’s to you, BeYouTiful because you are. Xxx
 
 
 

No comments: