Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Has anyone got any of their Weekly Allowance left this morning?

2nd April 2013
Believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you hear! Edgar Allan Poe
First bank holiday of the year over, did you survive it with your ProPoints intact, I’m guessing not and it’s okay?  You may have planned to do this, that and the other to stay on track but things didn’t go quite as planned – it’s all good, it’s can all be explained, situations, temptation – basically life gets in the way doesn’t it at times and sometimes we stay on track because all is good in our world and food isn’t a priority and other times we cave again for lots of reason, it maybe that all isn’t so great in our world and the food is a distraction, it may just be that the food was there and your willpower is low, it may be because the food looked so damn delicious you couldn’t resist.  You never know it may even have been because you feel comfortable in your skin and happy with your body and you didn’t mind overindulging because you know that whatever effect it has on your body is something you can deal with!
There are so many things in life so much more important than the numbers on a set of scales that I wouldn’t worry too much about how you behaved over Easter.  Make your priority ‘taking care of you’ and the weight loss will happen if you need it too.
Taking care of you!  If only ay ladies, if only you had the time!  I do understand that being a housewife, mother, worker, dog walker, etc makes it difficult for you to do that sometimes but do the best you can with what you have. 
Mom and I spent  went visiting yesterday, we visited Lynne and enjoyed a turkey dinner, 18pp and I couldn’t finish it because I was full, that made me realise my crazy appetite I’ve had for the last few months is finally coming back under control, now it isn’t because it’s warmed up that’s for sure!  Is it because I’ve been eating a bit cleaner than usual, looking to remove the preservatives etc from my diet?  It might be I’m not sure!  I actually think it’s a combination of things, I definitely think cutting certain bread products out has helped, my body doesn’t seem to like them and it gives me sweet cravings which have finally gone too I’m glad to say.  We all have different bodies and they all behave in different ways to certain foods so learn to listen to yours and how it reacts when you eat certain things, get to know yourself better from the inside out.
Did I survive Easter with my ProPoints intact – NAH!  But I did survive it in control and on track, yes I’m over on my dailies and my weeklies but it isn’t about perfection, it’s about persistence.  I’m taking care of me, eating good food, slowing down a little, enjoying my life, enjoying my family and enjoying my friends.  I’m working on finding the work/life balance; I’m trying to get my budget under control, earning less means spending less.  Yes there really are more important things in life than the numbers on the scales, doesn’t mean I don’t care about those numbers or that I’m not doing things to keep those numbers from rising, but at the same time I’m not obsessed by them, they don’t define me or my mood.  Please don’t let them define yours!
Give yourself permission to indulge occasionally, enjoy your food, don’t beat yourself up, include healthy foods too and take care of you.  Stop with the heavy heart when you go off track, if you overeat because you were having a good time, it’s ok, if you overeat because you’re unhappy ask yourself what you can do to get yourself happy instead of making the situation worse by shoving your head in a chocolate egg?  You’ve probably heard that joke “Chocolate is the answer, whatever the question is!”  That’s actually not true you know, chocolate tastes great but solves nothing in the long term, so enjoy your chocolate but don’t use it to distract you from your problems or your life because that’s a waste of good chocolate.
Have a BeYouTiful day and remember to Eat Gorgeous whether it be chocolate or carrots!  Enjoy them and realise food is good for us in the right quantity. xx

No comments: