Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 April 2013

Accentuate the positive – eliminate the negative!

28th April 2013
Our background and circumstances may influence who we are, but we are responsible for who we become!
Sunday slow day coming up, I will mostly be spending it with my mom chilling, she’s much better in herself, back to normal I’d say nearly, her mind and memory has took another bashing but at 75 she doesn’t have to remember much at all, she’s fortunate I suppose because she can do as much or as little as she wants, not many people get that choice later on in life do they.  Take care of your older relatives folks, you’ll be one too someday!
I went shopping to Sainsbury’s yesterday morning and bought crusty cobs, I should have bought a couple of loose ones but I made the mistake of going for the “6 for 70p” offer because two would have cost me more than half that so my brains saying it’s cheaper!  Well spending the day at home and being tired whilst surrounded by a new food shop which included 6 crusty cobs meant my diet wasn’t fabulous, I got led astray by the idea of cheese and onion cobs, however on the positive I tracked it all, and had it been a 72 hour day I’d have been within my allowance but as it was a 24 hour day – oops!  So do I think ‘sod it’ and make a weekend of it – erm NO, I thank the universe there’s only 2 crusty cobs left to be tempted by and get a grip is what I do, because the truth is if you’re tired of starting over you need to stop giving up!
It’s important to focus on the positives, so here’s one to get you started, my members last week lost thirty five and a half stone – awesome I’m sure you’d agree.  Where they all perfect and 100% on track all week, were the heck, but they did their best.
Give yourself credit where credits due, so many of my members give themselves a really hard time when they slip up slightly but the don’t put as much energy into giving themselves credit every time they do something that’ll support their weight loss.  They seem to find it easier to tell themselves how weak, useless, hopeless they are or how the are disgusted with their own behaviour – this makes me cringe I have to say, it hurts me to hear someone say they are disgusted with themselves for eating, saddens me actually because it’s not cause for such strong emotions, we’re only human!   No if you only bigged yourself up so easily I’d be thrilled, can you imagine creating a ‘credit account’ having a little money box or positive pocket pad for you to record and acknowledge all the positive things you did to help your weight loss, or drop a coin in your money box (you’d have a tidy stash in no time at all).  But I prefer the pocket pad because you can re-read it when you think you’ve slipped up and done irretrievable damage.  What kind of things would you write in this book, anything, everything, all the little things you do that make a difference, such as carrying a water bottle around, making time to cook a healthy meal, finding time to sit down to eat, tracking, resisting the bread basket in a restaurant, leaving food on your plate because you were full.  The list is endless and every small thing you do adds up over time and means eventually you will get to your goal.
If you are one of those people who has a tendency to give yourself a hard time, focusing on the negative and berating yourself every time you slip up, a pocket positive pad is a great idea because if all you ever do is criticise yourself you are just undermining your own self confidence and that will not help and is likely to lead to sabotaging thoughts and actions.
What did you do yesterday that you’re proud of?  Write it down NOW, I bet it makes you smile, imagine having an entire book full of things you did good, I like the idea of that a lot.
SO here’s to a positive day full of eating gorgeous ;) because you hopefully realise by now – YOU’RE WORTH IT!
 

No comments: