Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Would you want to live the good life?

19th March 2013
An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship.  Similarly the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.
Well we actually saw a bit of sunshine yesterday and wasn’t it nice, cold I can live with if it’s bright outside.  I took full advantage of it and after my morning meeting mom and I went for a drive, we headed towards Church Stretton but when we got there it was starting to rain so we did a full circle and drove back out of it again, we passed a sign for Wenlock Edge so we parked up and had a bit of a walk there.  Even with her two walking sticks she managed almost 2 miles of rough path and up and down, it was great to see her out and about, she’s a fighter, she really is and some of the things that come out of her mouth would make most cringe but I’m used to it and I love her for it.  And I plan to spend as much time ensuring we both enjoy each others company as possible because life is so short and it’s gone in a heart beat, we all worse so hard and spend so much time focusing on the stuff that doesn’t matter that we forget the stuff that does, well this year is my year for paying attention!  Mom and I will mostly be doing that thing that we used to look at and say why, you know the scene, a couple sitting in a car drinking from a flask looking at the view, yep when we used to go hill walking together and we saw a couple doing that we used to look and shake our heads wondering why they weren’t walking too, now we understand and plan to do exactly the same thing, sit and admire the view if moms not up to walking too far. 
On the drive home, we passed eggs (which turned out to be delicious) being sold at the side of the road, so we stopped to buy, the lady was in her garden planting seeds and the chickens were walking round the garden, looked like a scene from the good life, and I was quite envious of her although I know I’d probably get bored with that life long term, it was nice to consider for a moment.  
We have to acknowledge we are all exactly where we’ve chosen to end up, if I’d wanted the ‘good life’ I’d have found a way to get it I’m sure and the same goes for everything, if you want it badly enough you’ll find a way.  Yesterday though oddly enough before we went for the drive I did find myself looking at the seeds in the Asda thinking about growing my own herbs, so maybe that’s where I’ll start, some pots and some herb seeds and turn the patio in the garden into my version of her world. 
We were out 3 or 4 hours, just enough to give mom a break from the house, the scenery was stunning as always in the British countryside, there was snow on the hills over Church Stretton and mom got to enjoy it all from the comfort of her chair whilst listening to Radio Two put the world to rights with their phone ins.
We were ravenous when we got back and had pasta and fried eggs – weird combination I know but it was what we fancied.  I’d actually had a fried egg for breakfast too, and whilst cooking it I realised if I have a fried egg (4pp) I only usually have one but if I opt for scrambled its three (5pp) and poached eggs (4pp) normally two. Now Pro Points wise they all work out roughly the same yet I'd feel I was being "good" having the poached or scrambled and bad having the fried, interesting observation, who else would feel the same way?  Now if you’re using good oils and not having one everyday there is nothing wrong with a fried egg and is there anything worse health wise about 1 fried egg with oil versus 3 eggs scrambled – I doubt it!  Tis worth a thought, what food makes you feel like you’re being good or bad?  I thought I’d stopped thinking that way – I was wrong!
On that note, have a FabYouLous day, BeYouTiful & Live Gorgeous, and work on taking the personality away from your food – it’s not good or bad, apart from in taste!
 

No comments: