Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 27 March 2013

HURRY UP & Slow down!

27th March 2013
To live is the rarest thing in the world.  Most people exist, that is all! Oscar Wilde.
 
How true is that quote!  I am always telling people life is too short and yet lately I’ve felt that mine is so full and even though everything I do is stuff I enjoy, it’s too much to pack into a week, so after 3 months of thinking and turning stuff over I made a decision to get some of those hours back.  My life has changed a lot over the last 12 months, I can’t just go away for the weekend at the drop of a hat because of mom, and I’m not complaining, I’m absolutely fine with that, I want to spend more time with my mom which is another reason I need to get some of those hours back. 
 
So I decided yesterday that I needed to make a change, I got in touch with my boss and asked about reducing my meetings so that instead of doing a 50 hour week, it’ll be more like a 40 hour week, she’s agreed so now I’ve just got to wait for it to be worked out.  I want to have more time with my mom, I need to actually have time to do housework as dull as it may be, and it has to be done occasionally!  And I want to have the energy to give 100% to my members and my job and at the moment with everything I’m trying to do, including walking the dog twice a day, I just feel like I’m chasing my tail, never mind his ;-)
So yes it means a pay cut and in the current climate that’s probably a silly move but I’m only here once and so is my mom and I’d rather be money poor and time rich, than time poor and money rich.  I know rushing is affecting my eating, I sat on Monday and just chatted with the caretakers at my venue over a coffee as I’d got there early because of the snow – I NEVER DO STUFF LIKE THAT, because I don’t have time, and I want to, I want to have time to waste (well actually it’s not even wasting is it) on small talk and chats, I’d like the energy to get up at the weekend and think ‘right that’s tidy the house from top to bottom’ (I only wanna do that about every 2 months though, lets not get carried away), I want the enthusiasm to say to mom come on my works all up to date lets drive to the seaside and watch the sunset, I want to walk Alfie without thinking ‘come on Alfie we ain’t got time to go that way’ or wishing he wouldn’t pee up every lamp-post.  Yeah I want the little things because I did most of the big things when I was younger and I have no desire to do any of those now, I just want to slow down and enjoy the day to dayness of life.  The only ‘fast’ I want at the moment is the odd MacDonald’s.
I want to spend my weekends tuned out of work and into me and mine, scrapbooking, enjoying days out, relaxing, cooking, doing whatever my mood takes me and then when I go back to work I’m 100% re-energised and ready to give my members 100%. 
I’m very fortunate because I absolutely adore my work, yesterday’s meetings were full of so much laughter yet we all got support regarding our weight loss, no one left feeling guilty if they’d over-indulged, my only mission in life is to make every person out there with a weight problem feel good about themselves, I want a world of “Happy Owls” (see www.happyowls.co.uk if you don’t know what that is).  No one should feel bad about how they look and through my work I get to try to help them realise that they are all BeYouTiful and should Eat Gorgeous for the right reasons.
So yes I’m already financially not as well off as I was a year or two ago and now because of cutting my hours I will be more so, but WOW I’m sat here smiling because do you know what, I can go without certain things, I can cut my cloth so to speak, heck I saved £24 a month by getting rid of Sky Movies and SkyHD, because I never have the time to watch the damn films and mom can barely see the screen let alone tell the difference when it’s in HD!  That reminds me I must sort out and change my broadband supplier now my contract is up!
Food for thought folks, are you living life in the fast lane, is that one of the reasons you’re struggling with your weight, is there anything you can do to slow down?
Here’s a bit more food for thought;
·         If the world has been spinning around you and your mind has been going along with it, slow down.
·         If the demands to keep up, join up, show up, stand up are weighing on you, slow down.
·         If the worries, the crying, the tears, the fighting, the tattling, the middle-of-the-night waking is frustrating you, let go and slow down.
·         If it feels like a chore, a job, a battle, slow down.
·         If there is no good reason to go yet you feel you must go anyway, slow down.
·         If things are just not right, not balanced, and you’re not saying “Hell, yeah, I got this,” then slow down.
·         Slow down when you find yourself down and out. Slow down when everything around you says speed up.
·         This week, let’s slow down and let the unimportant things fall to the side for a bit and let the good stuff — the stuff that leaves us smiling to ourselves – rise to the top where it should always be.
Slow down and see what comes.
I’m off to walk my dog now and he can pee up as many lamp-posts as he wants ;-)
In the words of Ghandi “There is more to life than increasing its speed.”
 
 

No comments: