Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Bored - Eat - Bored still - Do something else!

12th March 2013

Life is about using the whole box of crayons ;)
Not the best night’s sleep, Alfie woke me at 1pm to go up the garden and I couldn't go back to sleep for over an hour, then spent most of the night dreaming weird!  And we wake up to cold and snow again, really – enough now, everyone wants a bit of sunshine and warmth!
 
But we can’t change the weather, so we need to suck it up and make the most of what we can do something about.
 
To take my mind over what’s going on outside, I’m focusing on what’s happening inside my house and enjoying chilling with my mom.  As most people would agree boredom is one of the main factors for overeating, bored is something I don’t want to get!  Hence the reason I’m constantly looking for ‘stuff’ to do, my hobbies change constantly as I need to be engrossed and I’m pretty fickle.  Hobbies can also be expensive so again I look for things that aren’t too pricey or that have something useful at the end of them.  Cooking is obviously one of them, food used to be something I just ate because I could and because we all need to eat, now it’s something I cook, gone are the ready meal days, it’s a hobby spending time in the kitchen and it’s one that the outcome is useful because we have to eat every day don’t we.
 
I’ve therefore decided to occupy some of my time and sort my recipe collection out, I want a recipe folder for myself that has my recipes in, and I need to change the ingredients to only serve two people as I’m cooking too much food and I don’t like having to eat the same meal twice.  I’ve decided to laminate the pages to make them wipe clean, pound shop here I come at the weekend and then I’ll also be able to hang them from my rail when cooking with a bulldog clip or by hole punching an additional hole in the top for the hooks I have.  That way I’ll never be stuck for ideas, it doesn’t have to be done overnight, a simple A-Z index means I’ll be able to add to it as and when. 

So my first recipe to be added is the Chicken egg fried rice one below, it was delicious, easy to make, you couldn’t tell it was brown rice and I’d be happy to eat that regularly, it could also have the chicken taken out and other things put in, mushrooms etc.  Really was tasty, and definitely has to be made with sesame oil for that delicious extra flavour.
 
Chicken egg fried rice, serves 2, 12pp each (filling & healthy too, if using oil from allowance)
 
120g brown rice (12pp)
100 g cooked & diced chicken breasts (3pp)
60g frozen peas & carrots, (1pp)
½ small white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs (4pp)
1tablespoon sesame oil (4pp)
1tablespoon soy sauce
 
Cook rice according to packet instructions. (ensure you put enough water in brown rice because it absorbs more and when you go back it’s usually burnt!)
Heat sesame oil in a large frying pan and add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots and fry until the veggies are tender.
 
Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.
 
Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to frying pan, mix well and serve.

Very tasty indeed, then for tea we had the leftover butternut squash mixture (without the pasta) but I added olives, roasted courgettes and carrots (also leftovers), spinach & St Agur cheese, that weren’t bad either.  Today I’m making the spaghetti Carbonara, looking forward to it actually and one day this week I fancy Brains faggots because I know they’re in the freezer, although I need to buy potatoes first for the mash.

I love to look through cook books and magazines or search online and find new ideas to try, they’re easy enough to ProPoint using the Weight Watchers esource tool and with the powers of the internet I’m able to share my findings online via my blog and my website with others, another hobby that doesn't really cost much money, other than the annual subscription on my website. 
 
The one hobby I’m not enjoying at all right now is walking my dog, it’s just so raw and cruel in the mornings this weather, I can’t wait for some warmth, but walked he has to be so I just curse all the time we’re out!
 
Yes there are day to day things we have to do so you may as well find ways of enjoying doing them that doesn’t damage your health, eating being one of them!  Now to work out how to make housework interesting or fun! Mmm can’t see it myself can you….
 
Have a BeYouTiful day. Eat, Be & Live Gorgeous x

No comments: