Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 25 February 2013

You can't beat spending time with your besties ;)

25th February 2013
Your body is important - it matters. Start treating it with respect whatever it's size because you only get one!

 
Ouch!  I’ve woken up with a blister on the ball of my foot and it hurts, that’s what you get for walking to and from the pub!  Other than that though, it was a fabulous night, good catch up with my girls.  We stayed local and went to the Broadway because we were more interested in the giggles than the food to be honest, however of course we did eat, and I’ve just found the nutritional information for all Fayre & Square pubs – there seem to be a lot popping up locally http://www.fayre-square.com/menu/nutrition/ and the Gammon I ordered was 26pp but the Cookie Dough Pizza with Ice Cream & Chocolate Sauce (Sharing Dish) that Vicky ordered for desert was a whopping 1,842.5 calories and 50pp good job it was shared wasn’t it!  I reckon I had about 16pp worth of that, so that means I am so in the minus after my staycation that I’m not going to be able to pull it back and make it up with my pedometer.  What I can do is eat healthy from now till weigh day and stay within my daily allowance.  I have to admit though I’ve had the best weekend, I haven’t thought about weight loss nor ProPoints once.  The only domesticated thing I’ve done all weekend is make a cooked breakfast Saturday and cups of tea, and everything else was just thrown in the microwave. 
 
Like all good breaks, its back to reality now and I feel that chilled out I’m okay with that.  I’ve still got a couple of M&S ready meals in the fridge which I shall be ProPointing before eating.
 
Going back to the Fayre & Square menu, if you want to eat there and not blow your PP budget, the steak salad is 14pp, so is the Salmon and sweet chilli noodles, and the chicken and bacon salad is only 11pp.  I’d be tempted to try one of those next time.  Their beef Sunday roast is 34pp but their chicken tikka masala is only 16pp – I wonder if that includes the rice?  Ouch that combo for one starter I ordered Friday had 21pp in it, thankfully I shared it with 3 other people!
 
It’s actually scary the amount of calories and ProPoints in some of those meals, just skimming the menu there are so many meals over 2000 calories which is the daily requirements for a woman and you’re getting it in one meal, really scary when you think about it especially if you had a three course meal,
 
Starter - combo for one – 21pp (794cals)
Main – 8oz Steak & chips – 29pp (1088 cals)
Dessert - Cookie Dough Pizza with Ice Cream & Chocolate Sauce (Sharing Dish) – 25pp for half of it (712 cals)
 
So in just one meal you can consume 75pp (2594 cals), that’s without anything you may drink on the night!  The reality of it all sucks doesn’t it!  Or you could have this;
 
Creamy garlic mushrooms 9pp (311 cals)
steak salad 14pp (546 cals)
Profiteroles 12pp (431 cals)
 
That’s more like it, 35pp (1288 cals) for a three course meal is excellent value and your weekly allowance would cover it and leave enough room for a couple of drinks too.   Maybe next time that is what I’ll do, actually though I can easily live without starter and dessert, I’d rather just have a bigger main.
 
Right I’m off, work to do, have a fabulous day, it sounds cold out there – I’ve just heard someone scraping the car windscreen!
 
BeYouTiful!
 
I just love this photo.
 

No comments: