Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 1 February 2013

Note to self - keep trying, stay positive - be AWESOME!

1st February 2013
Life isn't always fair, but it sure is interesting.
Well I lost another pound, I’m chuffed with that, especially as I’ve indulged a bit this week and I’ve eaten chocolate which I don’t usually do and snacked on popcorn because I bought them to show members – I really do need to learn that photos of the product will do because I have this urge to eat anything in a multipack (except condoms!) just in case they go off!
Brilliant – I’ve just checked the end results for the week and my members have lost 555.5lb!  That’s almost forty stone in weight gone in week, I’m wondering if I added my pound to that loss, I can’t remember ;-)   Denise bless her is 1/2lb off her 21 stone mark, she’s no online as well as in meetings and really enjoying the app on her phone, she’s tracking on it and it’s helped remotivated her.
We looked at sitting less this week and it’s been great to see all your photos on Facebook of your pedometer success and the steps and ProPoints you’ve earned.  Plus hearing all the other ways you’re earning activity ProPoints and sitting less, I think the prize at the moment goes to the bus stop routine by Karen which made her look a bit special!, all I’m saying is “the wheels on the bus go round and round!”
I posted a cartoon on Facebook yesterday of a lady in a bikini and it said, “only loving your body when it’s perfectly fit is like only loving your children when they’re perfectly behaved!”  Makes a point doesn’t it, when I started my website www.happyowls.co.uk it was to convince people that they’re already gorgeous whatever they weigh, and whatever society and media tries to convince us off being skinny doesn’t determine whether we’re happy or not – only we can make that choice.  Once I’d realised this and learnt to love and accept my body as it was I became a much happier person, these days my weight doesn’t dictate my mood, my mood does still dictate my weight!  But not to the extremes it once did, yes I still emotionally eat, I’m human, it’s to be expected, like Tuesday when I’d had a bad day – I ended up at the chip shop, luckily they were vile and I didn’t eat them, today we’re off out to a coffee shop for my friends birthday there were be laughter and cake of course!  I’m glad to say however that because I no longer punish myself over my eating habits nor guilt myself out my weight doesn’t fluctuate like it did, I more or less stay around the same weight give or take.  Of course it isn’t what the charts say I’m supposed to be but hey look at Winnie the Pooh he’s no way within BMI but he’s always smiling!  So I’ll stick with being a Happy Over Weight Lady and disagreeing with the charts! If I get back to bmi I’ll be okay with that too, but I shan’t punish myself or my body if I don’t.   So learn to love the skin you’re in and in the words of Maxwell Maltz whoever he is -
If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone!
I had to look it up Maxwell Maltz was an American cosmetic surgeon and author of Psycho-Cybernetics which apparently is a system of ideas that he claimed could improve one's self-image!  Mmm I may have to look this book up, I’ll let you know if it’s any good!  Or better still I’ll share his ideas with you on here.
Anyway it’s the first of February today, lots of people will have made new year resolutions and they’ll have forgot about them already, I have a tradition of starting mine in February, I always know I have no chance of focusing on anything in January, my life’s too rushed and it’s also the aftermath of Christmas plus my birthday.  So the things I’ve decided I’d like to focus a little more on this year are reading books, I’ve actually made a good start, I’m on my third already, although I stopped reading one, I give them to page 44 if they haven’t gripped me by then they are gone – life’s too short to read bad books!  I’m also gonna look at adding more to my Happy Owls site as I’ve just paid the annual storage thing I think it’s about time I got back to it, there’s so much I could put on there really, so I might (no not might – will), I’ll spend a minimum of an hour a week on it, Sunday mornings will probably be the best time, that’s when I’m at my freshest weirdly enough!  Any suggestions you have of stuff you’d like to see on there, just email me info@happyowls.co.uk and I’ll consider them.
And of course in the things to focus on this year I always add love myself, eat as healthily as I’m able to nourish both my body and soul, that includes doughnuts (7pp, although some Krispy Kreme are 10pp)!
On that note, just a quick reminder that sitting less isn’t just about going to the gym a few times a week, it isn’t what you do for 3 hours a week that matter, it’s what you do for the other 165 hours that really makes the difference!  Let me know some of the ways your getting active this week.
YAY it’s Friday, don’t forget to have delicious day, Eat Gorgeous & be a Happy Owl xx

No comments: