Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 9 February 2013

How to enjoy a changing room!

9th February 2013
Real lasting beauty has nothing to do with looks.  It’s how you are as a person and how you make others feel about themselves.
I was rather pleased with myself yesterday, to say I didn’t walk Alfie at all and I spent most of it sat down in an area meeting and at the cinema I still managed to get 6pp on my pedometer thanks to a 2 hour shopping trip round Burton looking for a party outfit for an 8 year old girl!  And ladies (and gents if you want) I found out on this trip why we’re not enjoying clothes shopping quite as much as we should be, we’re doing the changing room bit wrong.  This is the way forward – are you paying attention, once you’ve changed into the dress you come out of the changing room and twirl in your outfit to make sure it looks good when you spin round and round, that was so much more fun!  She never looked at a label once, not the dress size nor the price – oh to be eight again ;-)
The pleased with myself theme continues, I did get up yesterday and fancy a doughnut for breakfast, for some reason a Krisy Kreme one, now I’ve had these before and didn’t think much of them as doughnuts go I’ve tasted much better, but after seeing someone on Facebook with them (Nicola – your fault) and hearing a few others mention them I thought maybe they’d improved or I was incorrect in my research the first time.  So I asked my mate if she could hold out for breakfast and we’d have one, so now I need two doughnuts!  Got to Tesco and they don’t have many loose ones only the boring ring variety and they’re 3 for £3.60 (ouch!) but they do have a box of 12 different ones for £9.95!  You’ve guessed it I bought them; there was also a leaflet with the nutritional information on which I picked up and ProPointed.   However I did only have one, and a quarter of a second one and as they were my breakfast it was a 12pp breakfast in total.  I have to say they still aren’t all that, give me a Sainsbury’s jam doughnut any day, or if you can get their lemon meringue pie ones even better – they’ve stopped selling them by me ;(   The other 12 were distributed between mom and Lynne’s family.  Just in case you're ever tempted - knowledge is power;
And whilst in Tesco I bought us a sandwich each for at the cinema on the afternoon so that only cost us 8pp instead of the 20pp each we’d have spent on popcorn!  The film “I give it a year” was funny, a bit near the knuckle in places, cringy but funny, we laughed out loud a good few times.  It is very, very predictable but also entertaining and that’s what I wanted a good giggle.
I’m not one to read the papers or take any notice of the news but I’ve just seen on Yahoo news a piece where Katie Price has call Kelly Brook a heffer! REALLY!  Kelly Brook has the most amazing body (she actually is my mom’s favourite female on the planet for gorgeousness!) and always seems to be smiling and happy and quite natural in her beauty.  Poor old vicious Katie once had that natural beauty but for some reason feels she has to continually try to change it – in her eyes she thinks she’s improving it, I’d beg to differ!
What makes someone think they have the right to call someone any kind of name at all, why is our world full of such bitterness and negativeness; I’ve noticed that a lot this week in different scenarios.  Facebook status updates are apparently a great way to be negative and down on people/life and things.  Judgemental and opinionated too, oh yeah some people do that really well, don’t get me wrong I think everyone judges to some extent and we should all have opinions because they’re based on our beliefs, personally though I try to see both sides, I try to realise I’m not always right.  Who knows maybe Katie Price didn’t really say those comments, maybe she only said them because she’s so damn unhappy about herself that lashing out is the only thing she knows how to do, who knows, actually who cares, I certainly won’t be letting it play on my mind for any longer than it takes me to write this blog.
Treat others how you want to be treated, and as one actor said in that film yesterday, be good to others and others will be good back to you.  I’m lucky to be surrounded by amazing, loving and wonderful people or is it not luck at all…….
Have the best Saturday ever whatever you’re doing, yesterday was a long day for me, today is going to be much more chilled, I’m going to attempt to walk Alfie this morning, he refused yesterday but I’ll take him later if he won’t.  I’m off to my Weight Watcher class for my own top up of motivation from my leader, I might even help out a little if she’s busy and then I’ve got a massage to look forward to later, my treat for being me ;-)
Remember you are already BeYouTiful and carry on working on the Eating Gorgeous.

No comments: