Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Work, blog, facebook, tweet - I ain't got time to eat!


16th January 2013

Went to bed later than normal last night and I can tell this morning, it may have only been half hour but….A cup of strong tea and I’ll be fine I’m sure!
Do you sometimes think your weight loss journey is a little like this, climb the steps then slide back down - don't sweat it, you'll get there, especially if you learn from & enjoy the experience of the slides ;-)

What’s with the weather, it’s so cold and the pavements were just treacherous yesterday, however my members were awesome and turned out, the morning members lost a staggering total of 10stone 4 pound, and the evening ones lost a phenomenal 13 stone, both meetings losing an average of just over 2lb per member, just brilliant and very motivating for all the new members joining too.

It’s also motivating me, I have to admit, I’m really enjoying the Filling & Healthy plan, I just hope it pays off on Thursday and I see a weight loss, as we all know my appetite is a very healthy one!  Even if I don’t lose Thursday, it’s helped me by helping lose my cravings for the junk so for that I’m chuffed.  One step at a time, I found myself actually leaving food on my plate yesterday which was amazing progress, I was genuinely full.  I haven’t been ProPointing the portions at all, but I honestly think because Filling & Healthy foods are naturally lower in ProPoints I’m not having as many as it feels like I am.  

I’ve just gone back and ProPointed yesterday and it was 32pp, so not as high as I thought it would be and I was totally stuffed after lunch and tea, there was no more room for food!

This is what I had;

Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Breakfast – 2 shredded wheat (4pp), milk for day (3pp)
Lunch 300g Actifry chips (6pp), oil (1pp), carrots, trout, broccoli, cauliflower, sweetcorn.
150g trout fillet (5pp)
Dinner
120g Pastrami (4pp), 200g prawns (4pp), 2 Weight Watcher Pitta Breads (5pp) cucumber
Every food I ate was a Filling & Healthy food; I also earned an additional 6pp on my pedometer to cover my glass of wine ;-)

Yes if this works and I get a weight loss, I could follow the F&H option for a while I think, as I haven’t even touched on some of the meal ideas I could have.

Today I might make a roast chicken dinner, with roast vegetables mmm, nice.  I think, I might nip and get some mince and eggs so I can have those burgers tomorrow for my tea when I get home.  I have a butternut squash so I’m thinking soup too, so I can have an afternoon snack today and tomorrow.

Or I could use it for this recipe;

Butternut squash risotto - serves 4, 4pp per serving

In a large sauté pan or saucepan, heat the low fat cooking spray & add 175g risotto rice (16pp) (I can use brown rice, it’ll work). 

Cook over a low heat for about 2-3m, stirring all the time until the rice looks translucent, but not brown. 
Add 6 chopped spring onions, 1 crushed garlic clove, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded & cubed & 100g sliced mushrooms. 

Cook gently for a further 4-5m, stirring frequently. 

From 850ml fresh vegetable stock (I’d use 4 vegetable oxo cubes), add a couple of ladlefuls of hot stock. 
Stir well, and then cook over a medium heat for 20-25m, gradually adding the remaining stock a ladleful at a time, until the rice is tender. 

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of peas (1pp) & a handful of fresh torn basil leaves, stirring them through gently. 

Check the seasoning, adding salt & pepper if needed, then serve, garnished with more basil leaves.
Ooo yeah that sounds more fun than soup doesn’t it!  

Right I really need to sort myself out and get working, I’m loving having my desire to cook back, can’t beat good wholesome food!  And there’s nothing better (for me anyway) than hearing one of my members say, ooo I tried that recipe on your blog/website/fb page, it’s great, I love it.  If you haven’t already checked out my website, it’s www.happyowls.co.uk lots of recipes.

Have a healthy and happy day, it’s work it, makes life good. xx


No comments: