Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 17 January 2013

Today I shall lose weight!


17th January 2013
The Loveliest Accessory a Woman Can Have is a Good Friend!

(tempted by that creme egg - don't be it contains this much fat!)

Today is judgement day!  If I’ve lost weight following the Filling & Healthy plan I will be absolutely over the moon, I really will over the moon if I lose weight today having followed this plan because it will prove to me I actually can control my appetite and realise when I’m full!  If I managed to get through yesterday I can survive any day, I was so busy, it wasn’t until I was standing doing my talk in the morning meeting that I realised I’d forgotten to have breakfast (a bit embarrassing when the subject this week is breakfast!)  I didn’t eat anything whilst out and as soon as I got home I grabbed a Weight Watcher bagel and the last of the prawns, this was about 11.30am.  I then didn’t stop until 3ish when I realised I needed to stop and eat before going to work on the night, I had a chicken casserole in the slow cooker but it wasn’t going to be ready till tea time so because I had no time it would have been so easy to opt for the wrong thing but instead I had a most boring meal of tinned tomatoes, baked beans, 2 WW pitta breads and ham slices, it did the job which was to sustain me through the day and keep me on track!  That was the only 15 minutes I had for myself yesterday until I finished on the night at 8pm!  However I managed to stay on track so I’m pleased that I’ve regained control at last and switched off my sod it button!  Tea was also simple Weight Watcher petit pain and beef, very nice with a glass of red wine, lovely to sit down and enjoy after a busy day and 9pp earned on my pedometer!

I must resist the urge to stay up and watch tv late on a work night, it was 10pm when I went to bed last night and when you get up at 5am, that’s stealing valuable sleep time ;-)  I feel surprisingly okay though, maybe because I’m eating better quality food who knows!  One of my helpers told me I looked tired last night bless her, I actually think I was more in pain that tired, damn bad backs they are evil lol, but yeah I suppose anyone that hasn’t stopped since 5am is bound to look a little shattered by 8pm, thankfully I get to chill all weekend to restore the balance.  I wouldn’t change my life for the world so it’s all good.
I must ensure I have something scrumptious to look forward to when I come in from work tonight as we know that’s my danger time, especially if I do lose, I’m likely to think, “ooo I’ve lost it’ll be ok”, no it won’t I need that success to continue, plus I’ll be having a diet free day Saturday as it’s my birthday and I’ll be off out for a curry and drinking, although I won’t go crazy on the food front and I’m going to opt for tandoori chicken, that’s as close as you can get to F&H I reckon.

So here’s another F&H meal for you to try,

Cottage loaf - (serves 4 at 4pp each or 14pp total) Preheat over to 190oC/375oF, Gas 5.  Place 450g (1lb) very lean minced beef (14pp if using less than 5% fat mince), seasoning, pinch mixed herbs, 1 egg white, 1 small grated carrot, 1finely chopped  medium tomato & 1 finely chopped medium onion in a mixing bowl & blend well until combined.  Place a strip of foil on a baking sheet & place the mixture onto it.  Shape into a loaf or alternatively use a lined loaf tin.  Bake for 1 hour or until thoroughly cooked.  Serve hot, sliced, with a selection of free vegetables or cold with a salad.

OR if you’re scared that there might be horsemeat in that there beef mince!  Here’s another

Chicken sofrito - serves 2 (4pp each) 2 cloves garlic crushed. 400g can chopped tomatoes, 28g (1oz) lean cooked ham (1pp), cut into strips. ¼ level tsp salt. 85g/3oz green pepper, chopped & deseeded. 170ml/6fl oz chicken stock made with chicken Bovril.  85g/3oz chopped onion. 42g/1½oz mushrooms, sliced. 1 level tsp oregano. Pinch paprika pepper. 255g/9oz chicken breasts (6pp), skinned, boned & cut into ½” strips.


Place all ingredients, except the chicken, in a pan.  Mix well & cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add the chicken & continue to cook until the chicken is cooked thoroughly & the sauce thickens.  Serve with a selection of no point vegetables.

Right I’m off, busy day today and thankful there isn’t snow on the ground ;-)  thank you universe, make the snow stay away please. 

Have a healthy and happy day, it’s worth it, makes life good. xx


No comments: