Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 January 2013

It's okay to be YOUnique!

January 26th 2013
There is nobody else like you in the world and this is worth celebrating rather than searching for faults.

How true is that statement and how fantastic is it that you are a one off, truly unique – there is no one else like you in the entire universe – WOW, you’re awesome!
 
So is it time to stop comparing ourselves to others, it is human nature though isn’t it to do it, even though it doesn’t help in any way.  Better would be to accept ourselves, appreciate the special qualities we have and valuing our own uniqueness, that way we can focus of bringing out the best in ourselves rather than being preoccupied with meaningless comparisons. 
Now that’s the way to start the weekend, knowing you’re a truly individual amazing individual – feel better ;-)
I watched Celebrity Big Brother last night (I know it’s lame but I likes it) and it always makes me smile how angry and wound up people get by the characters in the house, this year it was Speidi, they really knew how to push folks buttons and I have to admit to being one of those people at times.  We never really know what’s going on in anyone’s mind do we, they were a prime example, I would love to be a fly on the wall in their home without them knowing just to get a glimpse of what they’re really like, but then I think to myself WHY?  Why do I need to know and why should I care?  Because it’s human nature to want to know things isn’t it, to be nosey, to be interested in others and to care.
Anyway moving on from the amazingness that is all of us, the suns only blooming shining this morning!   We had a late night and a lie in so both mom and I are feeling refreshed and I’m going to tackle the housework again – yes that is two weeks on the trot!  I had a lovely ‘me day’ yesterday, once I’d do the bit of work I needed to do I went out on my own shopping and stayed out all day, then finished it off with a massage (a birthday gift from my bestie Vicky – what a lovely pressie!)  We all need a bit of space sometimes don’t we and yesterday did me the world of good and this sun shining outside is only improving things.
I’m still on track with the plan, discovered Sainsbury’s flavoured popcorn in a multipack yesterday only 1pp per packet – bargain!  What ProPoints snack bargains to you indulge in, I also bought a large pack of Tyrells salted popcorn which worked out at 11pp and it made me realise when I looked at the weight on the packet and the size of the bag, just how many ProPoints are really in a Cineworld Large Sweet Popcorn – it has to be 40-50pp!  Scary stuff, that’s still 25pp each if you share!
Cooking a nice turkey dinner today with cauliflower, broccoli, little Actifry potato and carrots and gravy – nice, if I have any Yorkshires in freeze we shall have those too.  I didn’t even have a drink last night, that’s five days without a glass of wine, but I did treat myself to a wine decanter so I may need to try it out today to make sure it works!
This weekend will be in the praise of slow but also do, I’m going to get the house sorted, the dog walked, I’ve bought some bamboo knitting needles to have a go at knitting again, got me a bag of mohair wool for 50p so will just knit a square or a scarf depending on how far it will go!  I haven’t knitted for years and when I do it hurts my hands but as the massage lady said last night, use em or lose em and she was right, if I don’t do stuff they will get worse.
Ok, I need to get a wriggle on because of our lie in, Alfie is platting his legs and waiting for his walk, bless his heart.
Yeah today I’m feeling the love – I likes this mood ;-)
Have a fabulous day all. xx
 

No comments: