Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 24 January 2013

Finally my heads in gear & I'm on the plan - woo hoo!

24th January 2013
One cannot help being old, but one can resist being aged. Lord Samuel
(11ProPoints earned yesterday - super big tea earned!)
Sometimes my blog doesn’t automatically post to Facebook, it’s something to do with the network blog thing I use, if you get up and it isn’t there, just go straight to my blog http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/ I will almost certainly have done it or you can have it delivered directed to your email inbox by subscribing;
So what a day yesterday, 185lb lost despite the snow, and a huge well done to everyone who got weighed, massive applause to Jane for achieving her 50lb certificate and Kathryn on her 75lb certificate, both doing so well.  Just shows what we can do when we set our mind to it!
Now what will the scales hold for me, yes I enjoyed my birthday and went a little OTT at the weekend, however since Monday I’ve been much better, yesterday was another good day, I earned 11pp on my pedometer, walked Alfie 90 minutes through the snow on the afternoon, and I was glad of them because my tea took me over my daily allowance.  I had crumpets for breakfast, one of those Sainsbury’s meals I featured the other day, the chorizo and manchego cheese crumble for 7pp, I added vegetables and mustard mash for an additional 4pp.  tea was a home made curry using the Asda basic curry sauce jar (8pp for the jar and only 26 pence), chicken and a handful of sultana’s, delicious for 8pp but I did add more mash instead of rice as it was cooked and I don’t like waste.
This morning I’m having crumpets with banana and honey on, it’s a suggestion in this week’s your week for a TV snack, but as I’m not snacking at the minute I thought I’d have it this morning.  I’m also not drinking which has saved me lots of ProPoints.  Yes I mean business at the moment, I want that stone gone for summer and I keep reminding myself of that fact every time I’m tempted.
Another inch of snow fell last night whilst I was at work, boo to the weather at the moment but thankful that we don’t have it as bad as some.  Please check on those elderly neighbours and clear ALL your car off not just the windscreen – I’ve seen some terrifying examples of bad drivers not clearing their car and also driving very badly!
I was going to make soup yesterday but never got round to it after our mammoth trek, so instead I’ve found a can of Heinz Scotch Broth which is 4pp for the can, I’m going to pop that in a flask and take it to work this morning as I start to get peckish about 11am and that will just hit the spot.  I’m even going to indulge in that mackerel today, it may be high but it will be delicious and as it’s the start of a new Weight Watcher week for me I have weeklies to play with, 16pp in half of it, I might have it with couscous for 3pp, that’ll be lush, or maybe bread and spread mmm, we shall see.  I have more curry to look forward to when I get home from work tonight either with rice or little square Actifry potatoes if I have the patience to wait! 
I had my first Actifry disaster yesterday, a potato and bean curry that just never cooked through just ended up really dried out and yuk, what a waste of paste and tins of chopped tomatoes – hey ho it’s all about experimenting!
Mmm I’ve just found this recipe, might have this tomorrow, sounds scrumptious.
BROCCOLI AND RICE SALAD
serves 6 – 11pp each (total 66pp)
This lunch will help you beat stress with the mix of the slow-releasing, low Gl factor of the rice and the folic acid in the broccoli.

400g brown rice (41pp)
800g  broccoli florets
lOOg sultanas (8pp)
ltbsp/15ml light soy sauce
Juice of 1 lime
ltsp honey (1pp)
100g sunflower seeds, toasted (16pp)

Method: Steam the rice according to the instructions on the packet. At the same time, steam the broccoli florets. Place the rice and the broccoli into a bowl and, whilst hot, pour over the remaining ingredients. Infuse all the ingredients together and leave to cool.
I also remembered an old favourite yesterday so will be putting this together to over the weekend I think as I just adore it (mmm wonder if I could do a smaller version of this in the Actifry?;
Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic Serves 4, 13pp each
2 tbsp regular olive oil                                                   8 chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
1 bunch (about 6) spring onions                                small bunch fresh thyme
40 garlic cloves (approx 3-4 bulbs), unpeeled         2 tbsp dry white wine
1½ tsp sea salt flakes or ¾ tsp pouring salt              Ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.  Heat the oil on the hob over a high heat in a wide, shallow, ovenproof and flameproof casserole (that will ultimately fit all the chicken in one layer, and that has a lid). Sear the chicken, skin-side down. This may take two batches, so transfer the browned pieces to a bowl as you go. Once the chicken pieces are seared, transfer them all to the bowl.
Finely slice the spring onions, put them into the casserole and quickly stir-fry them with the leaves torn from a few sprigs of thyme.  Put 20 of the unpeeled cloves of garlic (papery excess removed) into the casserole, top with the chicken pieces, skin-side up, then cover with the remaining 20 cloves of garlic.
Add the vermouth (or white wine) to any oily chicken juices left in the bowl. Swill it around and pour this into the casserole.  Sprinkle with the salt, grind over the pepper, and add a few more sprigs of thyme. Put on the lid and cook in the oven for 1½ hours.
Anyway I better get ready for work, long day Thursday. Take care, drive/walk safe Xx

No comments: