Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Back to the day to dayness of life - bring it on!

2nd January 2013
Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.  Alan Cohen
Back to reality today and actually looking forward to seeing all my lovely members, I do enjoy my job, I really do and I was just about to type, “I just wished I had more energy to do all the things that I want to be doing and the time to fit them all in”, and I was about to type that thought I realised that I could get more energy from eating better foods so that’s definitely the plan.  Of course I will forget that plan possibly when confronted with something scrumptious but I have started to ensure the house only has good foods in and maybe consider only having a few days or a week worth of food at a time so that I have my meals planned out.  I go wrong when I have too much choice sometimes I think. 
I made a mistake yesterday by forgetting to have breakfast so when I went to Argos at 10ish to pick up my Kindle (my Christmas pressie to myself) I suddenly realised and thought to myself mmm one more Big Mac before I go back to work and reality of ProPoints, But common sense prevailed on this occasion and I realised that I could wait till I got home and also that a trip to MacDonald’s was likely to set me back almost 40pp!  So instead I went home and had egg and chips, the duck egg fried was 5pp and the chips well they were more like crispy chunks made in my actifry but only 7pp, 300g potatoes cut into small chunks of potato, really nice will definitely do again and a lot less ProPoints than a MacDonald’s even with the two slices of bread (5pp) and Weight Watcher spread I ended up enjoying with them!  See I should’ve had breakfast.  My tea was lush too, I had prawns (so glad my allergy seems to have disappeared now), stilton, chorizo, cucumber and salad leaves for 10pp which was delicious. 
Now this is the type of food that will start to help me get my energy levels back up, lots of vegetables, I will eat some fruit (not a huge fan but I will make the effort) and lean protein, (i.e. turkey, chicken and fish) and whole grain pasta and rice.  Mmm I’m actually looking forward to it now I’ve seen it written down. 
Today I shall be eating trout, wholemeal spaghetti and briam (which my lovely sister-in-law cooked a batch of before Christmas).  I’m gonna have oats for my breakfast I think with a banana on and a couple of satsumas, then I’ll think about supper later, maybe the rest of the prawns with salad or a sandwich. 
Yep back to reality, it’s all about the food in my world ‘-)  Oh and of course my books too now I have the kindle to read on, was great falling to sleep with it last night, not that it takes me very long to fall asleep!
Did you make any New Years Resolutions?  I personally just want to continue to be the best version of me that I can be, and that is a daily thing not a first few weeks of the year thing.  I’ve accepted me and my personality and I quite like the way I am, I’m never going to care enough about my image to get up an hour earlier to do make up and mess about with my hair, that’s why it’s long enough to tie back.  It’s just not who I am, even though every now and again I do attempt to change that aspect of me, it never lasts very long!  We’re more than our external appearance, as long as I’m clean and tidy that’ll do me, if you enjoy spending that time getting ready than good on ya, I sometimes envy you but then other times I’m happier to be walking my dog for that hour.
Anyway I need to get a wriggle on, I have members to weigh and re-motivate for their hopes and dreams.
Take care and have a fantabulous day ;-)

No comments: