Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 17 December 2012

My first mince pie consumed - twas good!

17th December 2012
 
Not long now, this time next week will be Christmas eve and I’ll be putting in place my treasure hunt for the kids, will soon be here, but first to enjoy my last week at work of 2012.
I had a semi-healthy day yesterday food wise, started with oats, sultanas and sunflower seeds for 7pp then for lunch had a healthy lamb (cooked on George Foreman) pitta with chopped salad and mint and low fat mayo sauce for 8pp.   I also made a veggie couscous, stir fried carrot, courgette, mushrooms, pepper, spring onions, sultanas and garlic then added to the couscous which I’d also added a stock cube too, very nice it was too.
I did indulge in my first mince pie of the year thanks to my mate Katie who bought a plate of hot ones round at tea time! 
So what bought on the drastic change in the quality foods?  Watching my mom suffer when she got up that morning that’s what, the effect certain foods have on her quality of sleep and how she feels.  If both of us eating differently will make her feel better than how she did yesterday morning then that’s what we’ll do!
I went shopping as soon as the shops were open, bought lots of fruit and veggies, bought some fresh salmon as it’s on half price offer in Sainsbury’s so that’s today’s main meal, it’s lovely looking in my freshly stocked fridge and it’s great seeing mom eat again, especially as it’s the right foods.
Mom also came out for a short walk with me and Alfie on the afternoon to feed the ducks, it was lovely to see her out and about this weekend, even if it wasn’t walking far, if she wasn’t such a stubborn old sod she’d let me get a wheelchair so that we could go out and about places and she’d be able to come too, we’d have a ball racing around and ‘beeping’ folks out of the way!
Looking forward to my meetings this week, I have my Santa hat and I’m ready to encourage my members to have a great Christmas and to think wisely about what they indulge in and the results it’ll show on the scales!
I shall be starting my day with a bowl of oats again, I’ve bought some nice honey yogurt to go with it too, I’m thinking salmon with couscous for main meal and I defrosted some turkey breast pieces yesterday so I will make a curry with them which can either be had today or tomorrow.  Mmm I likes cooking again this week, haven’t been fussed the last few weeks but it’s returned, my love of good food.  I’m going to attempt to cook broccoli so it tastes as good as it does at Cosmo, will google a few recipes to get an idea of what they add, I’m guessing stir fried in soy sauce or oyster sauce or a bit of honey and ginger, I can experiment.
Well I’ve just printed off the Cost of Christmas List for my backboard, that’s the ProPoint values of everything you’re likely to eat or drink over Christmas on one list, every 50ml of Bailey’s is 6pp that’s about an inch up the glass btw!   Even the healthy stuff can be high, 3 walnut halves = 2pp! OUCH!
Okay, I’m off, need to shower, walk Alfie, load car – exciting life of a Weight Watcher leader, oh and after my meeting, I’m taking the first batch of food and toiletries to the Black Country Food Bank.  Thank you to everyone who’s donated already, it’s filled the back seat of my car almost.
Have a great day, eat well – feel well. xx

No comments: