Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 31 December 2012

Let the tracking commence...

31st December 2012

The big secret in life is there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there - as long as you're willing to work. Oprah Winfrey

Okay you want to make some New Year resolutions, who am I to stop you. Just remember to keep them realistic and break them down into doable chunks. I did this yesterday, no pressure to achieve the unachievable, instead some sensible tasks on a list. So instead of saying to myself "in the new year I'm going to lost a stone and a half", I've decided to either lose a pound a week or stay the same, as long as the scales don't go up I’ll be pleased.
To help me achieve this, I've broken it down into lifestyle choices –
1.    Eat as healthy as is possible as often as possible.
2.    Make the wisest food choice when eating out.
3.    Plan meals.
4.    Track every day regardless of what I consume. This will help me learn more about my eating behaviour.
5.    Make a shopping list every week.
6.    Walk dog once or twice a day.
7.    Have at least two alcohol free days a week.

If I don't manage to achieve each of these every week, I won't berate myself. I shall praise myself for doing my best at that time. I don’t respond to criticism as well as I do to encouragement, so I won’t be beating myself up any time soon.

I'm far from perfect and motivating myself to get back on track is not going to be easy, but the one thing I am in persistent and I will keep trying until it clicks again and in the meantime I will eat as healthy as I can. If I don't buy anymore of the goodies and tempting food, I can't eat it - then I will have no choice but to make wiser food choices!  And at this moment in time, I don’t care if I never see another piece of cheese again, nope cheese is so 2012!

In the words of Jean Nidetch, "it's choice not chance that determines our destiny"

Here's to patiently waiting for my motivation to arrive and changing my environment in the meantime to assist my  weight loss – you with me?

So yesterday to help with these plans, I sorted my cupboards (anything I’d had a few months has gone in the food bank collection) and freezer, then made a meal idea list using the contents of my cupboards, I now have lots of ProPointed ideas and a few Filling & Healthy days too. There's no junk left other than cheese and I've found out I can freeze the Stilton, oh and the Christmas cake that is absolutely delicious can also be frozen. All the other Christmas food has now gone! Don't forget if you have any food you'd like removing out of your grasp, I'm still collecting for the food bank, just bring it to your meeting next week or any time before the end of January.

We'll be looking at more ideas for sorting your kitchen and using up the Christmas leftovers in the meetings this week, so make sure you come and get back on track.

It’s also that time of year where some will look for a quick fix miracle, any plan that offers ridiculously fast weight loss is not only unhealthy but also unrealistic!  For permanent, long term weight loss success we need to start seeing it as a “Lifestyle Change” not a “Diet”, because as soon as you go back to your old eating habits – your old weight will be waiting for you!  I’ve proved that this week with my 5.5lb weight gain!  Doing it for one week whilst on holiday is one thing, but continue for months and …….

It’s about picking up new “Lifestyle Skills” little by little, and then seeing them as your new normal.   Weight Watchers is all about Healthy eating, making wise choices and as an added bonus you lose weight too.

Eat Well – Feel Well, Eat Rubbish – Feel Rubbish.
 
Now is the time to eat “Gorgeous” and just watch the results unfold!
 
Can’t wait – can you ;-)

No comments: